Probing Block Devices...not supported

fribble

Cadet
Hello,

I am finishing up a home build:

Board: Supermicro X10DRH-iT (E5-2690 v4 x 2) and 128 GB RAM.
Boot: Mirrored Micron 5300 Max SSDs via LSI-9300-8i controller running 16.0.12.0 IT firmware.
Data: RaidZ2 on an 8 disk (6TB) WD Gold array on a separate LSI-9300-8i controller with 16.0.12.0 IT firmware
System: TrueNAS-12.0-U3.1

This system is setup in EFI mode and I have configured the basics--completed badblocks and SMART scans on the WD drives--it has been stable over several weeks.

What has perplexed me is that I am getting the message: "Probing 35 block devices...not supported..." at boot. I have attached some screen grabs. This message has occurred with a different controller (9211-8i LSI card) and a different drive (Intel DC P3605 NVME card) as well.

Ultimately, it boots and nothing else seems to be wrong, but the numerous "not supported" messages has triggered my OCD.

I know that BIOS mode is recommended for "enterprise hardware" and that this could be a consequence of using EFI over BIOS, but I wanted to know if this is possibly "cosmetic" before i nuke this install and revert to BIOS.

Second (probably dumb) question: Will a config backup from the EFI install work on a BIOS install?

Any help or guidance or wisdom is appreciated. Thanks!
probing.jpg
probing2.jpg

Cyberpower678

Dabbler
This is perfectly normal. It's just scanning your attached devices for a boot device. As long as you have one "better" pop up in there, which you do, you are fine.