Private Internet Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

dureal99d

Contributor
Hello all.

I have been trying for about 3 weeks to get PIA to work along side transmission and nothing (tutorial) has worked for me.

I realize that it could be me but im pretty savvy on this freenas thing.

With that said is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to getting this to work.

24 gigs ddr3
980 i7
28 tb of space
will post motherboard shortly
Thank you community!!!!!

kdragon75

Wizard
Considering this is a network issue, you may want to tell us a bit about how you have it setup. Are you connecting to PIA from the transmission jail, freenas, or some other device? Are you using policy routing? Is PIA another plugin? Does you transmission jail have its own IP?

Lay out ALL of the network/jail information and things you have tried and we would be happy to take a look.

dureal99d

Contributor
Considering this is a network issue, you may want to tell us a bit about how you have it setup. Are you connecting to PIA from the transmission jail, freenas, or some other device? Are you using policy routing? Is PIA another plugin? Does you transmission jail have its own IP?

Lay out ALL of the network/jail information and things you have tried and we would be happy to take a look.
Right you are my friend. I am attempting to use private internet access from within the same jail as my transmission plugin is installed. Transmission does have its own IP. Is I figured this would be easier than trying to configure a jail with PIAA all its own. The issue I experienced right now is that none of the tutorials I have used has work for me. When I go to check with my IP is it's the same IP as my ISP has issued. So I assume I am not logging on to the PiA server somehow.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

kdragon75

Wizard
Ok I have always used pfSense as my router and that allows me to connect to VPNs and then use policy routing to pick what traffic uses the VPN. In your case, this may be helpful. Unfortunately I have no experience with you type of setup.

pschatz100

Guru
I installed PIA in my ASUS router, then used policy routing to determine when traffic uses the VPN. Pretty straightforward.

dureal99d

Contributor
Ok I have always used pfSense as my router and that allows me to connect to VPNs and then use policy routing to pick what traffic uses the VPN. In your case, this may be helpful. Unfortunately I have no experience with you type of setup.
I have pfsense as well. Perhpas you could forward me this information

kdragon75

Wizard
Start with there online documentation and that check the forums over there. Lots of people are using PIA.

BlakeNagel07

Dabbler
Status
Not open for further replies.