Plugins on 8.2.0 BETA-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmos82

Cadet
Hi

I've installed several plugins but can't access any of them
I'm trying to access the plugins through 192.168.0.101:PLUGIN_PORT (ie http://192.168.0.101:3689 for firefly)
In the console I've for each plugin something like
=> "localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.0.100//plugins/transmission/2.42/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway"

Freenas 8.2 beta 2 x64
Main ip 192.168.0.100 and alias for jail 192.168.0.101
Plugins service isrunning

i'm getting this same/or similar error as well when trying to access my plugins (transmission and minidlna for now). i've noticed the date/time is different from line do line, is that something to worry about? or is the jail system time different or something?

Mar 28 08:36:26 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.64//plugins/minidlna/1.0.22_3/treemenu: <urlopen error timed out>
Mar 28 08:36:26 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.64//plugins/transmission/2.42/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Mar 28 01:38:37 freenas notifier[2151]: Executing: /usr/sbin/service ix-plugins forcestop transmission
Mar 28 01:38:44 freenas notifier[2151]: Executing: /usr/sbin/service ix-plugins forcestart transmission
Mar 28 01:38:46 freenas middleware[2151]: Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -Hr -t filesystem backup
Mar 28 01:38:47 freenas middleware[2151]: Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -Hr -t filesystem cosmos
Mar 28 08:38:48 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.64//plugins/minidlna/1.0.22_3/treemenu: <urlopen error timed out>
Mar 28 01:39:16 freenas notifier[2151]: Executing: /usr/sbin/service ix-plugins forcestop minidlna
Mar 28 01:39:21 freenas notifier[2151]: Executing: /usr/sbin/service ix-plugins forcestart minidlna

i can ping the jail alias IP from my windows box, and transmission_daemon is running process,(but still dont know where the heck minidlna is or how to use it yet) just cant access the webgui nor can i connect via the windows transmission remote GUI . seems like it has to do with the IP route somehow but i cant figure out if its a freenas setting or on the router or what. hope you can help! oh and this is my first post on here, but i thank all of you for your help, i am pretty new to freenas /*nix environments but searching this forum has helped me out a lot in the past week or so of getting things up and running, so i will be sure to participate more and try to help when i can.
thanks in advance

also tried after update to FreeNAS-8.2.1-ALPHA-r10741-x64
Same things (everything seems running fine but no access to plugins using IP:port)

ProtoSD

MVP
One of the developers just posted that 8.2.1-ALPHA is a downgrade to 8.2.0-Beta-2 and that people trying to work on plugins need to wait until they hit the RC stage.

KenNashua

Explorer
One of the developers just posted that 8.2.1-ALPHA is a downgrade to 8.2.0-Beta-2 and that people trying to work on plugins need to wait until they hit the RC stage.

That's an interesting definition of the word beta...

ProtoSD

MVP
I think they might have decided to make some significant changes to some features (plugins?) and found some bugs that sent it back to Alpha. This is just speculation, but I have a feeling that might be what's going on.

jhiggins

Cadet
I'm setting up 8.2-BETA2 on a machine at home and get the "An error occurred" message when installing the Jail PBI, right architecture. This is in /var/log/ngnix-error.log

2012/03/28 17:32:04 [crit] 2046#0: *198 pwrite() "/var/tmp/firmware/0000000003" failed (28: No space left on device), client: 10.0.2.12, server: localhost, request: "POST /admin/app-services/Plugins/edit/1/ HTTP/1.1", host: "10.0.2.200", referrer: "http://10.0.2.200/"

Jails and Plugin path is set to /mnt/primary/jails and /mnt/primary/plugins

ProtoSD

MVP
I'm setting up 8.2-BETA2 on a machine at home and get the "An error occurred" message when installing the Jail PBI, right architecture. This is in /var/log/ngnix-error.log

2012/03/28 17:32:04 [crit] 2046#0: *198 pwrite() "/var/tmp/firmware/0000000003" failed (28: No space left on device), client: 10.0.2.12, server: localhost, request: "POST /admin/app-services/Plugins/edit/1/ HTTP/1.1", host: "10.0.2.200", referrer: "http://10.0.2.200/"

Jails and Plugin path is set to /mnt/primary/jails and /mnt/primary/plugins

It looks like you've run out of space on one of your disks. There needs to be enough temp space to unpack the jail PBI.

jhiggins

Cadet
It looks like you've run out of space on one of your disks. There needs to be enough temp space to unpack the jail PBI.

Well, yes, but best I can tell /var is a ramdisk, how much space does it need for the jail?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Well, yes, but best I can tell /var is a ramdisk, how much space does it need for the jail?
What is your RAM size? Are you using 64-bit? I'd like to try and duplicate in a VM.

diatezz

Cadet
Hello all,
I've installed transmission 2.42 on 8.2-BETA2 without any issues but I can't reach webGUI
It's strange but I'm always getting this message when I try to get my_transmission_ip:9091

"403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details."

Despite of 'rpc-whitelist-enabled is "false"

Help!!!

UPDATE: Yes, it works! I just needed to edit settings.json!

bradley4681

Cadet
Hello all,
I've installed transmission 2.42 on 8.2-BETA2 without any issues but I can't reach webGUI
It's strange but I'm always getting this message when I try to get my_transmission_ip:9091

"403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details."

Despite of 'rpc-whitelist-enabled is "false"

Help!!!

Its not strange, its normal for a new transmission setup. You have to edit the settings.json file to allow remote access. There is a line in the config that reads exactly "rpc-whitelist-enabled".

My problem is I've found multiple settings.json files but anytime I change them and restart the service it doesn't seem to take affect. So something else is going on or I haven't found the correct settings.json file.

My other issue is my mounts back to my main volumes keep getting erased. I'm not complaining since this is beta, just expressing my findings. :)

diatezz

Cadet
Hello again,
I got an another issue with transmission: transmission-daemon doesn't start when system is booting and I forced to start it manualy in the shell (inside the jail). Checkbox in Plugins->Edit->Plugin Enabled doesn't work. And what interesting is that in case I'm adding transmission_enabled in rc.conf inside the jail and it runs when system is booting than transmission drops the settings.json =)

Is there the another way to boot it automatically?

Thank you.

SilverJS

Patron
Hi there,

Got things working with Transmission with the help of the video, thanks a lot Protosd. However - I can't seem to download! I always get the "Could not connect to tracker" error. Mind you, I haven't played around at all with settings.json or any of the mount points. Could connect via the web interface on first try, though, so that's good (I guess...?). Maybe that's somehow from my previous attempts at getting Transmission working on 8.0.4 with the tutorials in the forum...

UPDATE : The above is with magnet torrent links only. The "normal" torrent links just hang there, no downloading, can't find peers, no activity at all.

ProtoSD

MVP
Right now all this tinkering and tweaking stuff to *try* and make plugins work is sort of pointless. There are a lot of bugs with beta-2 and plugins, and things are changing *a lot* with beta-3. Save yourselves the trouble and time and wait. I've even given up on trying to make a Serviio plugin because things just don't work right. It's also part of the reason I haven't made any other videos about plugins. Just be patient and wait....

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
There are just a few more issues to be resolved before BETA3, which will bring transmission and minidlna plugins completely rewritten.
We hope to have the BETA3 by the end of the next week.

I won't say for sure because we have missed deadlines so many times, lol, but we are close. It is just a matter of implementing OAuth 1.0a for plugins authentication.

While this do not happen, listen to protosd above ;)

Oh, and WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE/DELETE PLUGINS, THERE IS A BUG IN BETA2 THAT MIGHT CAUSE DATA LOSS

SilverJS

Patron
ProtoSD and William : Got it, thanks. =) I'll standby. No rush, better to be sure it's ready. We appreciate the hard work - it's already given us so much! =) Thanks again to both of you.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Oh, and WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE/DELETE PLUGINS, THERE IS A BUG IN BETA2 THAT MIGHT CAUSE DATA LOSS

I read this then went ahead and did it anyway, I guess live and learn. I ewnded up deleting all the files that 'zpool status -v TANK' told me were corrupted, I still had other corruptions that looked like this, <0xf01f>

Is there any known fix, deleting the files didn't help, more files just got corrupted later... I kinda screwed myself a bit, any known fixes, or anywhere where there is a discussion on this? Thanks alot

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
I read this then went ahead and did it anyway, I guess live and learn. I ewnded up deleting all the files that 'zpool status -v TANK' told me were corrupted, I still had other corruptions that looked like this, <0xf01f>

Is there any known fix, deleting the files didn't help, more files just got corrupted later... I kinda screwed myself a bit, any known fixes, or anywhere where there is a discussion on this? Thanks alot

What are you talking about? I think you're in the wrong thread....

ZFS corruption has nothing to do with plugins, I think you're experiencing a disk failure...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
k, guess I'll see if I can fix it thanks

labtopia

Dabbler

so i am upgrading to the b3 from b2, i have minidnla b2 installed, is it safe to install minidnla b3 ontop of it? it's only half configured since i couldnt get it running in b2.

thanks in advance

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.