Plugins on 8.2.0 BETA-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierremenard

Dabbler
You want to use "mount_nullfs". If the jail is setup properly, you'd do something like this inside the jail:

mount_nullfs -o rw /mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/user/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete

I think I got that right ;)

If that works you could add a different line to the jails "fstab" file outside the jail (not the standard /etc/fstab). I haven't looked at the details of how the Plugin Jail is setup yet.

That would look something like:

/mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/user/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete nullfs rw 0 0

Hi protsd, thanx again for your guide...

In any case this mount does not work. The system says that the (expected to be) mounted directory/volume is not existing ("no such file or directory"). This seems to be logic, as the volumes of the container shoud be protected by what is inside the jail. Or not?

I would expect that the mounting of external volumes should be done during the activation of the Jail system OUTSIDE the Jail. Am I wrong?

In any case the auto-mount through the web interface seems not to work at the moment

F.

Jagjag

Cadet
Unable to edit mount points

Hi,
I run a 64 bit FreeNas 8.0.4 Release as a production system.
I have setup a second system to test freeNas 8.2 beta 2. unfortunely i only have 32 bit hardware for testing.
All install without problem, until i try to edit mount points for plugins (miniDLNA and transmission), i can not mount them and i get no message as feedback.
Is this a bug? Please help!!!

i should mention test system spec.

Build FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA2-x86 (r10638)
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
Memory 1003MB
HDD: 60GB IDE

Attachments

• mountfail.jpg
    mountfail.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 465

Dennis Rawet

Dabbler
@Pierremenard and @Jagjag

"mount_nullfs /mnt/volume/whatever /path/to/your/jail/mnt/blah"
mount "outside" the Jail.

Hi

I've installed several plugins but can't access any of them
I'm trying to access the plugins through 192.168.0.101:PLUGIN_PORT (ie http://192.168.0.101:3689 for firefly)
In the console I've for each plugin something like
=> "localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.0.100//plugins/transmission/2.42/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway"

Freenas 8.2 beta 2 x64
Main ip 192.168.0.100 and alias for jail 192.168.0.101
Plugins service isrunning

davidh87

Cadet
Hey, installed transmission plugin successfully but failing to get to the config page. Going to http://192.168.1.101/plugins/transmission/2.42 causes the python error below. Any suggestions?

Code:

<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>	Python 2.7.2: /usr/local/bin/python
Wed Mar 21 20:20:07 2012
A problem occurred in a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, in the order they occurred.

/build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py in run(self=<flup.server.fcgi_base.Request object>)
    556         """Runs the handler, flushes the streams, and ends the request."""
    557         try:
=>  558             protocolStatus, appStatus = self.server.handler(self)
    559         except:
    560             traceback.print_exc(file=self.stderr)
 /build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/flup/server/fcgi_base.py in handler(self=<flup.server.fcgi.WSGIServer object>, req=<flup.server.fcgi_base.Request object>)
   1118                 result = self.application(environ, start_response)
   1119                 try:
=> 1120                     for data in result:
   1121                         if data:
   1122                             write(data)
 /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/control in transmission_fcgi_app(environ={'CONTENT_LENGTH': '', 'CONTENT_TYPE': '', 'DOCUMENT_ROOT': '/usr/local/etc/nginx/html', 'DOCUMENT_URI': '/plugins/transmission/2.42', 'GATEWAY_INTERFACE': 'CGI/1.1', 'HTTP_ACCEPT': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET': 'ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip,deflate,sdch', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE': 'en-GB,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.6', 'HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL': 'no-cache', ...}, start_response=<function start_response>)
    255         action = 'default'
=>  257     yield transmission_fcgi_handlers[action](environ, start_response, args)
transmission_fcgi_handlers = {'edit': <function transmission_edit>, 'mp_edit': <function transmission_mp_edit>, 'post': <function transmission_post>, 'saved': <function transmission_saved>, 'start': <function transmission_start>, 'stop': <function transmission_stop>, 'treemenu': <function transmission_treemenu>}, action = 'default', environ = {'CONTENT_LENGTH': '', 'CONTENT_TYPE': '', 'DOCUMENT_ROOT': '/usr/local/etc/nginx/html', 'DOCUMENT_URI': '/plugins/transmission/2.42', 'GATEWAY_INTERFACE': 'CGI/1.1', 'HTTP_ACCEPT': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET': 'ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip,deflate,sdch', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE': 'en-GB,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.6', 'HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL': 'no-cache', ...}, start_response = <function start_response>, args = {}
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'default' 
      args = ('default',) 
      message = 'default'

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Well, never tried that url before. I saw no info about that.
But I've the same screen as you, also with firefly!

I had no luck connecting via the ports, i could only connect via the alias address and default tcp port.
Also , to get the mount points working, i had to refer the mount points to zfs datasets.

danwmarks

Cadet
I cannot, for the life of me, get the jail pbi installed.

I watched the tutorial video and such but as soon as I hit the button to upload the pbi it says "an error has occurred." I've checked the hash of the actual file to see that it matches, etc. Just so I'm clear...I have a static IP assigned to my freenas box and I enter that in the first IPv4 box on the "add interface screen" and the alias IPv4 address is a random available IP on my router? I've also tried checking DHCP...did the same thing.

I've been waiting for upnp FOREVER....Any tips?!

ProtoSD

MVP
Are you sure you're installing the right Jail PBI for your architecture? (x64 or x86) Have you tried to download it again? Maybe it didn't download completely/correctly?

The IP shouldn't make a difference, if it lists an IP in the dropdown menu, that should be the correct one. I'd just make the IP the next in sequence from what you have assigned to your FreeNAS system.

Also, I've noticed if it fails for whatever reason, it doesn't clean up. Try going into the folders for the Jail and the plugins and make sure they're empty.

danwmarks

Cadet
Are you sure you're installing the right Jail PBI for your architecture? (x64 or x86) Have you tried to download it again? Maybe it didn't download completely/correctly?

The IP shouldn't make a difference, if it lists an IP in the dropdown menu, that should be the correct one. I'd just make the IP the next in sequence from what you have assigned to your FreeNAS system.

Pretty sure. It's an older system, so x64 has never been an option for me. I just installed the 8.2 beta x86 via iso (gui has never worked for me...related?) and used the x86 jail from http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.2.0/x86/plugins/

Like I said, I checked the hash of the downloaded file (and the other three copies I downloaded) and it matched the one in the notepad file from the above site.

I created the interface following the instructions in the video...I only have a few devices connecting to my network and I have statics set for all of them, so I just picked a random one (192.168.1.113) that was different from my actual Freenas (192.168.1.103) and chose the subnet I have my router set to.

I don't have any idea...

Update: Got it! It was a permissions problem, reset all the permissions and it worked. Thanks for the suggestions though!!

danwmarks

Cadet
Explain what did you mean "reset all the permissions" please.

Under volumes, I changed all the permissions to give full access to the root user and checked the recursive option. Once it was finished, it worked immediately. Now to figure out this minidlna conf file...

matlock

Contributor
Under volumes, I changed all the permissions to give full access to the root user and checked the recursive option. Once it was finished, it worked immediately. Now to figure out this minidlna conf file...

if you break any ground on getting minidlna to work, i'd love to know what you did.

To my understanding its not working- and when the next round of updates are released, this will get fixed.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm giving 8.2.0-Beta 2 a shot with respect to PBI and I've got to say, this is one messed up way to implement adding anything to a piece of software. The initials PBI stand for Push Button Interface but I'm here to say there is a lot of tweaking the files outside the GUI.

Installing the jail was easy once I watched the video protosd had posted on how to do this (Thanks protosd). I've been almost able to get minidlna completely running but ran into some odd problems. Time to start from ground zero again.

What a mess!

My two cents on minidlna configuration are:

The Plugins Configuration page must deal with these variables:
1) Location of Video Files
2) Location of Audio Files
3) Location of Picture Files
4) Server Name
5) Forced Update Interval
6) Server Serial Number

None of these are even remotely listed and that means manual configuration of everything.

Sorry for the complaints, it just shouldn't be this hard to figure out and I almost know what I'm doing. (I did say almost)

EDIT: I just spent several hours trying to get minidlna running. Although I could get it to say it was running, it really wasn't. The video files had to be moved within the jail and you need to configure two locations (In the jail edit rc.conf add minidlna_enable'"YES" and edit in your plugins folder your minidlna.conf file). Also part of the minidlna plugin is ffserver. I'm not familiar with it yet but since it was included I'm willing to bet you need it. I'll give it a few more stabs but it's seems futile right now.

ProtoSD

MVP
If you think trying to install them is bad, you ought to try creating a PBI..... ugggghhh.... Under *ideal* conditions, if there's a port, it *might* be easier. I think they're working on trying to improve the layout of the PBI stuff in the GUI, it's scattered and very unintuitive.

Glad to hear the video was helpful, it seems to be a hit. Here's another link for people that missed it elsewhere:

http://protosd.blogspot.com/2012/03/quick-guide-to-using-plugins-video-with.html

NOTE: This only explains how to setup the PBI Jail and must be done BEFORE installing any other plugins....

Status
Not open for further replies.