Plugins on 8.2.0 BETA-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
Hi All,

I've found some plugins to download, but no text about the features of each one!
Is there a place where I can find information about this?

Thank you!

adion

Cadet
Thank you protosd! I have now installed both minidlna and transmission, but can not figure out how to configure them to make it work?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thank you protosd! I have now installed both minidlna and transmission, but can not figure out how to configure them to make it work?
I haven't played with the plugins yet either but if you only want minidlna and transmission and don't mind using 8.0.4-MULTIMEDIA build (just came out last week) then follow this link. This link will also give you insight as how to configure your plugins I suspect. If you watch protosd's video he shows you how to get into the jail (Virtual Machine) and I think that is where you would perform the configurations you need to do. That is a theory as again, I haven't used the plugins yet.

Here is the link: http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...LEASE_MULTIMEDIA&p=22059&viewfull=1#post22059

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Same here!

you could always go into your jail and see if the services are already running, "ps aux | grep mt-dappd"
if something seems to have shown up just go to 'jailip:3689' in your web-browser for firefly

I'll play with this very soon and see if I can see what's going on

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
you could always go into your jail and see if the services are already running, "ps aux | grep mt-dappd"
if something seems to have shown up just go to 'jailip:3689' in your web-browser for firefly

I'll play with this very soon and see if I can see what's going on

I'm testing transmission

dogmata

Cadet
Well, I've managed to get both transmition and minidnla installed but had no success getting my desired mount points to stay so i can make them use the directories i want. further details in my post here

ProtoSD

MVP
I don't think they've finished "connecting" some of the GUI stuff with the Plugins, Gcooper said the Beta-1 release was premature and not really ready to be posted.

For those of you that want to poke around inside the PBI jail (this is at the end of the video I posted in my blog), do this:

Open a Terminal/command windows from the GUI
Type "jls" (without quotes)

Look to see what the Jail ID is

Type "jexec -U root csh Jail-ID"

No you can do stuff inside the jail and it won't affect FreeNAS.

You COULD add packages etc. from here like a normal FreeBSD system with a few exceptions

If things go wrong, blow away the jail from the GUI and start over.

OH, to exit from the jail type "exit" and then "exit" again to close the Terminal window.

@dogmata, you can look at the mountpoint stuff using the steps above and then doing:

df (this will show what's mounted)

umount PATHname (pathname depends on what you see when doing df)

Also, with the jail you don't need to worry about doing a "mount -uw /" or only editing config files in /conf/base/etc, the jail behaves more like a conventional FreeBSD system.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Stupid question time... Could I take and mount a USB flash drive and use that for the jail? I don't see why not and I'm going to give it a try once the next version of 8.2.0 comes out. Here is why I'm asking. I'd like to place maybe a web server on a flash drive so my hard drives don't have to spin up unless they are called for action like during a backup or streaming video/music, where as a web server would be running all the time. I figure an 8GB flash drive could handle any small web server with room to spare.

I'd love to place all that on the extra unused space of my FreeNAS boot flash drive but during a reformat of the drive all of that would go away, too risky without a good backup.

Skaven

Dabbler
oki now my transmission is working on the new 8.2.0 beta 2 releaste to day, my only problem is how do i setup so i can mount folder from outside the jail to folder inside of my transmission Download folder?

i wanto do somting like this mount /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete /mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads so it downloads all my Torrents to my secund hardrive i haw i cant get the jail mount funktion on web gui to work :(

ProtoSD

MVP
Stupid question time... Could I take and mount a USB flash drive and use that for the jail?

Hmmm, no, but on second thought, maybe. The jail needs to be created in a ZFS dataset, so if you can create a ZFS pool on your USB flash drive I suppose it's possible. That means you'd have to export and import it everytime you want to add/remove it.

ProtoSD

MVP
How do i setup so i can mount folder from outside the jail to folder inside of my transmission Download folder?

i wanto do somting like this mount /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete /mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads so it downloads all my Torrents to my secund hardrive i haw i cant get the jail mount funktion on web gui to work :(

You want to use "mount_nullfs". If the jail is setup properly, you'd do something like this inside the jail:

mount_nullfs -o rw /mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/user/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete

I think I got that right ;)

If that works you could add a different line to the jails "fstab" file outside the jail (not the standard /etc/fstab). I haven't looked at the details of how the Plugin Jail is setup yet.

That would look something like:

/mnt/Internet_Disk/Jail/Plugins_Jail/user/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads /mnt/Filmer/Torr/incomplete nullfs rw 0 0

Skaven

Dabbler
Tanks :) im going to try it when i haw energi to get up from my bed ;p.

I haw i won more question im going to build a new freenas compuer sun but what do jail us most CPU or memory? Im wondering what i shuld inwest moste monny on CPU or memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.