Plugin Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

roast

Cadet
Hey eveyrone, I' haven't had a chance to catch up on freenas development lately. I recently switched from Corral to mainstream and find myself logging into the console to check for plug-in updates.

Example: sabnzbd released 2.3.2 in Dec 2017, we're nearing 3 months to get this pushed to the freenas plugin and still waiting. Plex is now telling me the same and I'm wondering if I need to wait 3 months+ to get this update as well...

It seems to be a really slow update process and I was wondering if this was expected?

I probably sound combative or impatient, just looking to reset my expectations.

Well first off since they still function does it really matter if it is the latest version? Does the latest version add something that you want/need/desire? Does the latest version fix an issue you are having with the current version installed?

As far as the update process being slow, well with the conversion from warden to iocage a lot of things in the plugin department will change and since those changes will basically void any work done on the warden plugin system it's kinda like putting new tires on a 30 year old car with a blown headgasket you are sending to the scrap yard.

If you want faster updates then you do have the option of using the pkg system or building from source rather than using the plugin system. They will be updated sooner than the plugins but you are responsible for setting things up and updating.

Yep, been in the process for about 6 months now I believe and was projected for longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.