Questions on State of Official Plugin Updates on Freenas 11.2, 11.3, and Beyond

I3lackR0se

Dabbler
Hey all, a couple questions about the state of official plugin updates and what my best options are moving forward with future version updates. I tried to find this information on my own, but I couldn't find anything about it in the more recent blog posts or by looking at how things have worked in the past (and there just seems to be a lot going on between current events and the transition to the unified TrueNAS that maybe that wouldn't apply regardless).

I'm currently on FreeNAS 11.2, and trying to decide if I should start upgrading my Plex plugin manually, out-of-sync with the plugin's normal update process. In an ideal world, I don't mind and even prefer waiting for the official line to be updated and get that extra layer of support and stability reliability. I'm going to migrate to 11.3 once I have the time to finish migrating all my legacy jails to iocage, but I'll probably be on 11.2 for a couple more months still. And I won't be moving to 12.0 until it's been out in the wild for a while and I have a good idea of what the lay of the land is going to look like with that. So, while I'm very happy to wait for official updates, I don't want to get really far behind from any given plugin's version, and I don't want to wait around for official plugin updates anymore if future ones aren't planned for a particular track. Which brings me to my questions:

1) There haven't been any official updates for 11.2 and 11.3 plugins in about 5 months, which seems longer than normal. Are there more updates forthcoming for these tracks, and if so, is there any word or place we can track on when to expect those?
2) When a track is ceasing updates to it's plugins, is this announced somewhere, or is somehow intrinsic to support for a track being discontinued?
3) If I were manually to update a process (such as plexmediaserver_plexpass) on a plugin built around it, what would happen if I later ran an official update? Would the plugin rewrite older versions over the newer one, would it be unable to update automatically anymore even if it's version exceeded whatever had been manually applied, or is the behavior unknown in these circumstances?

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions, hope everyone is staying safe and has a good day!