Sonarr Plugin GUI Update Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So i think there are lots of update issues with sonarr because it is meant for windows. I just did an update from .3154 to .3212 and the command that it uses to update is using windows syntax. If you take this update command and modify the forward slash for the optional arguments to be -- then it works and everything gets updated.

Code:
mono /tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 86280 /tmp/nzbdrone_update /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe /data=/var/db/sonarr /nobrowser

here are my logs from the failed update showing that this actually happens and I'm not sure how @depasseg actually got it to update because it is impossible.

Code:
15-6-10 11:36:37.7|Info|InstallUpdateService|Deleting old update files
15-6-10 11:36:37.8|Info|InstallUpdateService|Downloading update 2.0.0.3212
15-6-10 11:36:41.1|Info|InstallUpdateService|Verifying update package
15-6-10 11:36:41.2|Info|InstallUpdateService|Update package verified successfully
15-6-10 11:36:41.2|Info|InstallUpdateService|Extracting Update package
15-6-10 11:36:41.6|Info|InstallUpdateService|Update package extracted successfully
15-6-10 11:36:41.6|Info|BackupService|Starting Backup
15-6-10 11:36:41.7|Info|InstallUpdateService|Preparing client
15-6-10 11:36:41.7|Info|InstallUpdateService|Starting update client /tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe
15-6-10 11:36:41.8|Info|InstallUpdateService|NzbDrone will restart shortly.
15-6-10 11:36:41.8|Error|InstallUpdateService|Update process failed

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='mono', CommandLine='/tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 86280 /tmp/nzbdrone_update /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe /data=/var/db/sonarr /nobrowser', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
  at NzbDrone.Common.Processes.ProcessProvider.Start (System.String path, System.String args, System.Action`1 onOutputDataReceived, System.Action`1 onErrorDataReceived) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

on a side note i think there is a permission issues someplace when running as the media user in the pbi but i'm still tracking that down and will be a new thread.
looks like some stuff the sonarr guys need to work out.

if you find any permission issues that would be great so we can get them fixed up (either in sonarr or the PBI)

tofagerl

Contributor
Why do people make a fucking web app in a language as platformrestricted as C# anyway? This could probably be done way quicker in something like Node.js, Python or Ruby.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
So i think there are lots of update issues with sonarr because it is meant for windows. I just did an update from .3154 to .3212 and the command that it uses to update is using windows syntax. If you take this update command and modify the forward slash for the optional arguments to be -- then it works and everything gets updated.

Code:
mono /tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 86280 /tmp/nzbdrone_update /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/share/sonarr/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe /data=/var/db/sonarr /nobrowser

here are my logs from the failed update showing that this actually happens and I'm not sure how @depasseg actually got it to update because it is impossible.

It's not impossible, because I'm running it now. I installed the PBI into the Jail with SAB and CP (following jruehlig's guide) and then I clicked the little link that said "upgrade". And you realize that the application "mono" is running the .exe file, right? It's not directly running the exe file.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
And as a test, I just installed a new Sonarr plugin, then clicked update. Took less than a minute. I think the problem is on your side.

upload_2015-6-10_16-28-35.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You didn't update sonarr? Your screenshot shows that.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I clicked the install button. Look at the notification in the lower right in the picture above.

upload_2015-6-10_19-54-18.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I clicked the install button. Look at the notification in the lower right in the picture above.

View attachment 7897
ok i believe you but i find this confusing and quite unpredictable. My findings were pretty straight forward and you could see the bad command getting executed. I'm spinning up a vm to do more testing.

raidflex

Guru
This plugin has worked with the auto update for a while now. I have been using the Sonarr plugin under a jail since its inception without any issues. I still suspect a permission issue in this case.

I just installed the plugin for Sonarr and the auto-updating would not work. It was giving me the same error that SweetAndLow has shown. To fix it: ln -s /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/bin/mono /usr/bin/mono

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just installed the plugin for Sonarr and the auto-updating would not work. It was giving me the same error that SweetAndLow has shown. To fix it: ln -s /usr/pbi/sonarr-amd64/bin/mono /usr/bin/mono
strange, the latest sonarr freenas plugin already has a link to /usr/local/bin/mono

maybe sonarr has /usr/bin/mono hardcoded somewhere which is causing this issue?

camrunr

Cadet

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Um, wow. I didn't notice it was a 2 year old convo. Lol. I suck. Thanks.

My install had suddenly stopped working with similar symptoms. I added the ENV variable as noted in the thread and it cleared up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lol, glad it could still be of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.