sonarr plugin 3.0.9.1549 on 13.1-RELEASE-p7. MediaInfo Library could not be loaded

deastick

Dabbler
I try to use the Plugins and not roll my own jails. I had been putting off the Sonarr upgrade for months because mono had some issues. finally upgraded sonarr to 3.0.9.1549 with jail on 13.1-RELEASE-p7.

First issue was that mono didn't have any ssl certs. Searched forums and fixed that.

Now, Sonarr monitors for episodes, passes download requests to sabnzbd and successfully "sees" the downloaded files, but fails to process them due to the following error:

Code:
2023-02-25 14:26:00.8|Error|VideoFileInfoReader|Unable to parse media info from file: /mnt/sab-tmp/Complete/blahblah.mkv

[v3.0.9.1549] System.EntryPointNotFoundException: MediaInfo_New assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New()
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo..ctor () [0x00006] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\MediaInfoLib.cs:71
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.VideoFileInfoReader.GetMediaInfo (System.String filename) [0x00021] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\VideoFileInfoReader.cs:44

2023-02-25 14:26:00.8|Error|DetectSample|Failed to get runtime from the file, make sure mediainfo is available

Other some sonarr.tv posts indicate that mediainfo and libmediainfo pkgs at 22.12 are not working. But I can't seem to downgrade them to former versions, say 20.09 which was previously working when the jail was on 12-x

any help appreciated.

deastick

Dabbler
ok… here’s what I did to get things running again on TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1 and using a plugin.

1. in GUI, created a new instance of sonarr plugin. configured mount points, ip addr, etc. In sonarr, restored the backup from the broken instance. Confirmed that same mediainfo problem exists.
  2. using truenas console, went into the new sonarr jail using “iocage console sonarr2” (my new jail is named sonarr2)
  3. cd /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos and edit iocage-plugins.conf such that url reads “http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly
  4. pkg delete libmediainfo (this should delete libmediainfo, mediainfo, and sonarr packages within the jail)
  5. pkg clean (this should clean out any old cache files)
  6. pkg update (this will refresh the pkg db to reflect the quarterly feed)
  7. pkg install sonarr (this should install sonarr, and mediainfo-22.09
  8. start up sonarr and reload the backup from previous version
And that all worked for this month… Feb 2023 :smile:

kingfree

Cadet
ok… here’s what I did to get things running again on TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1 and using a plugin.

1. in GUI, created a new instance of sonarr plugin. configured mount points, ip addr, etc. In sonarr, restored the backup from the broken instance. Confirmed that same mediainfo problem exists.
  2. using truenas console, went into the new sonarr jail using “iocage console sonarr2” (my new jail is named sonarr2)
  3. cd /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos and edit iocage-plugins.conf such that url reads “http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly
  4. pkg delete libmediainfo (this should delete libmediainfo, mediainfo, and sonarr packages within the jail)
  5. pkg clean (this should clean out any old cache files)
  6. pkg update (this will refresh the pkg db to reflect the quarterly feed)
  7. pkg install sonarr (this should install sonarr, and mediainfo-22.09
  8. start up sonarr and reload the backup from previous version
And that all worked for this month… Feb 2023 :smile:
Hi Deastick,

Im following your guide here. When I execute the command "pkg delete libmediainfo" in my sonarr2 jail, i get this error:
pkg: invalid scheme “http
pkg: Cannot parse configuration file!

Any ideas why im getting this?

thanks!

sunshine931

Explorer
Hi Deastick,

Im following your guide here. When I execute the command "pkg delete libmediainfo" in my sonarr2 jail, i get this error:

Any ideas why im getting this?

thanks!
I'd guess that something in pkg's config is borked, but I am not a freebsd expert. If I were to guess, you should not have a leading double-quote on the http portion (and no closing quote either). I don't know where pkg would be getting its config from, but I'd look into that.