NzbDrone and FreeBSD/Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Also there are some shows that SB does not download properly due to episode mismatches. ND also has a much better interface with more control over your downloads.

I also found that the permissions option is going to be removed because it does not function as intended.
huh, haven't noticed that but we may have different tastes, lol.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Weston

Cadet
I just found nzb drone and it is a lot better than sickbeard. Can you post the commands that were used to install mono and sqlite (ther versions that work). I know it uses the pkg_install command but I am having trouble finding the exact commands that need to be entered. Many thanks!

Arakus

Cadet
I'm having trouble with starting the service, I can start and run nzbdrone using mono but I am having no luck getting rc.conf to find the nzbdrone file with the included script (from page 2). I am in my jail (that includes nzbdrone) and have a file in /etc/ called rc.conf and the only line in it is nzbdrone_enable:"YES" , in my jails /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ i have the nzbdrone file with the pasted content from page 2. What am I doing wrong here? I also tried just using the gui to add the scrip as a post script and still no dice.

Thanks for any help

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm having trouble with starting the service, I can start and run nzbdrone using mono but I am having no luck getting rc.conf to find the nzbdrone file with the included script (from page 2). I am in my jail (that includes nzbdrone) and have a file in /etc/ called rc.conf and the only line in it is nzbdrone_enable:"YES" , in my jails /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ i have the nzbdrone file with the pasted content from page 2. What am I doing wrong here? I also tried just using the gui to add the scrip as a post script and still no dice.

Thanks for any help
make sure the script is executable.

digitalsy

Cadet
I've also had problems getting the startup script to work. I created an "nzbdrone" user and group using adduser. A home dir was created, permissions were set for that user. I can run mono --debug NzbDrone.exe without issue (actually mono --debug /usr/local/NzbDone/NzbDrone.exe)

I've added the following lines into /etc/rc.conf:

nzbdrone_enable="YES"
nzbdrone_user="nzbdrone"
nzbdrone_group="nzbdrone"
nzbdrone_data_dir="/home/${nzbdrone_user}/.config/NzbDrone" #I realize this isn't being used currently

I've added tofagerl's script into /etc/rc.d/nzbdrone and changed the data dir to the location relevant for me (/usr/local/NzbDone)

When I su - nzbdrone and attempt to run "service nzbdrone start". I get:

"Starting nzbrone.."
cannot create /var/run/nzbdrone.pid: Permission denied

or if that file exists I will get
cannot create /var/log/nzbdrone.log: Permission denied

I've changed the nzbdrone_user and nzbdrone_group to "root" in /etc/rc.conf and everything works...

So I'm not sure what to say, but I cannot run it as another user, nor am I sure why I have to?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've also had problems getting the startup script to work. I created an "nzbdrone" user and group using adduser. A home dir was created, permissions were set for that user. I can run mono --debug NzbDrone.exe without issue (actually mono --debug /usr/local/NzbDone/NzbDrone.exe)

I've added the following lines into /etc/rc.conf:

nzbdrone_enable="YES"
nzbdrone_user="nzbdrone"
nzbdrone_group="nzbdrone"
nzbdrone_data_dir="/home/${nzbdrone_user}/.config/NzbDrone" #I realize this isn't being used currently

I've added tofagerl's script into /etc/rc.d/nzbdrone and changed the data dir to the location relevant for me (/usr/local/NzbDone)

When I su - nzbdrone and attempt to run "service nzbdrone start". I get:

"Starting nzbrone.."
cannot create /var/run/nzbdrone.pid: Permission denied

or if that file exists I will get
cannot create /var/log/nzbdrone.log: Permission denied

I've changed the nzbdrone_user and nzbdrone_group to "root" in /etc/rc.conf and everything works...

So I'm not sure what to say, but I cannot run it as another user, nor am I sure why I have to?
You don't need to run 'su', FreeBSD's init system takes care of that for you.
  • You should be running the script as root, but have it set to run as a non-root user. Becasue you've already ran things as root this may require you recursively changing the ownership of the datadirectory.
  • user made init scripts should be in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/

Status
Not open for further replies.