(solved)Sonarr problem after 9.10 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Banan

Cadet
Edit: solved. Issue turned out to be the file permissions on the files in the download folder. Somehow userid 921 owned them. Not even sure what userid that is, cause it isnt in my users list even. But back to normal operations. Just had to re-run the permissions with recursive checked off and it started working again.

Everything was running smoothly and I had gotten this(my first Freenas system) up and running to the point where it was set and forget. Then this problem started after updating Freenas to 9.10.

When Sonarr tries to import finished downloads it outputs the message:
Couldn't import episode /mnt/download/complete/tv/what-ever-completed-file : Access to the path is denied.
and the Exception:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFile (System.String source, System.String destination, Boolean overwrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TryMoveFileVerified (System.String sourcePath, System.String targetPath, Int64 originalSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
If I copy/paste the file into the correct place, Sonarr is still able to rename it, so it must have write permissions.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction of fixing this?

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
UID 921 is transmission's default user "transmission".
transmission automatically changes ownership to itself for it's download directory upon it's startup. so unless you change what user transmission runs as, ownership will change again

Jan Banan

Cadet
UID 921 is transmission's default user "transmission".
transmission automatically changes ownership to itself for it's download directory upon it's startup. so unless you change what user transmission runs as, ownership will change again
Ah, ofc users in the jails wont show up on the users list in the freenas but only in the jail? Checked the transmission "downloaded permissions" and it was now set ut 755. Pretty sure I had it at 777 previously, but maybe it got changed with a update? Changed it back to 777, so hopefully they stay there now. Thanks for the feedback Joshua!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ah, ofc users in the jails wont show up on the users list in the freenas but only in the jail? Checked the transmission "downloaded permissions" and it was now set ut 755. Pretty sure I had it at 777 previously, but maybe it got changed with a update? Changed it back to 777, so hopefully they stay there now. Thanks for the feedback Joshua!
each userland (each jail and the freenas host) has its own user database, which would include the username to UID match.
I think transmission changes permission levels so it should stick, if your talking about files transmission had downloaded, you can set that level in transmission's settings available in the left panel of the free as webui.

Status
Not open for further replies.