Plex working on browser but not Roku?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
Running Plex in an iocage jail. I have no problems playing content on the server via the web browser, however on my Roku (all 3 of them in the house with the same effect) I see "server unavailable". I spun up a second plex server in another jail and the Roku client sees that one, too, but it's also unavailable.

Any ideas?

ClassicGOD

Contributor
Try enabling vnet in jail settings.

pschatz100

Guru
As was previously mentioned, VNET is required for Plex to operate properly. Did you create your jails manually or via the GUI? What version of FreeNAS are you on? System specs (per forum rules) would be helpful.

oguruma

Patron
Vnet is enabled. Plex worked fine for months. I stopped using it for a few weeks (with no changes on my end in that time). I discovered a new Plex UI (the Roku app) when I started using it again (which may or may not have something to do with it).

Xeon 1225 20GB of DDR3 on a Supermicro Mobo (the model escapes me). 1x 8TB drive for media and FreeNAS installed on mirrored DataTraveler USB drives.

The iocage jail was created with

1544285844087.png

ClassicGOD

Contributor
I don't own a Roku box so I can't verify but at one point I had issues with iOS app after reinstalling PLEX at the same network adders with the same name etc (sections not loading -giving offline error but I was able to search and play media using the search bar). All I had to do then was to go to the Home Screen Setting and restore defaults.

What I'm trying to say is - try to look for a way to reset the Roku app settings.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
"Server Unavailable" even though it can see it is sometimes related to the "secure connection" fallback. If your server is set to never use secure connections, but the Roku is set now (due to an update) to only use secure connections, this would be what you experience. Could this be a possibility? Make sure your secure connections setting is set to either "always" or "preferred".

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yeah, it's under Settings->network->Secure Connections right at the top in your plex server's management screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.