BamBamm

Patron
Does it matter that I have a Plex Pass?

DoubleIPA

Explorer
pkg_version -v -X -s <pkgname>
Did you type:
<pkgname> should be plexmediaserver

You can also use: pkg info - which will tell you what you have installed.

if that fails then: pkg install plexmediaserver

DoubleIPA

Explorer
Yes it does. Oh well.

Here's the list of current Plex packages: https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=plexmedia&stype=all
you'll install plexmediaserver-plexpass

Then list packages with pkg info.

Personally if it were me, I'd just delete the old jail and install a new plex with plexpass from the plugins sections of 11.2. Obviously you have to resetup everythign including plugins and whatnot, but I didn't have much but my local library.

BamBamm

Patron
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # pkg_version -v -X -s <plexmediaserver>
Missing name for redirect.
root@plexmediaserver1:/ #

DoubleIPA

Explorer
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # pkg_version -v -X -s <plexmediaserver>
Missing name for redirect.
get rid of the < >

BamBamm

Patron
I have over 700 videos not counting family pictures and music. I don't want to lose all that!

BamBamm

Patron
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass worked. Thank you!

DoubleIPA

Explorer
I have over 700 videos not counting family pictures and music. I don't want to lose all that!
If you have your jail setup properly you shouldn't be storing the actual videos in the jail itself. Only metadata and images etc should be in the jail. The videos etc should be stored on your dataset volume of your main freenas server. Then there should be links from your jail/plugin to the volume where the data is kept. Is this how you have it setup?

pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass worked. Thank you!

Cool

BamBamm

Patron
It updated, but Plex still says it's version 1.3

DoubleIPA

Explorer
go back to the shell of your jail and type: pkg info
Paste what it tells you.

I'm going to guess you have plexmediaserver and plexmediaserver-plexpass both installed. You'll have to uninstall plexmediaserver if you want plexpass. Then restart the server etc.

Last edited:

BamBamm

Patron
Says it is 1.3!! Grrr!!

Code:
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # pkg info                                                                                                 
apr-1.5.2.1.5.4_2              Apache Portability Library                                                                           
ca_root_nss-3.28               Root certificate bundle from the Mozilla Project                                                     
curl-7.52.1                    Non-interactive tool to get files from FTP, GOPHER, HTTP(S) servers                                 
cvsps-2.1_2                    Create patchset information from CVS                                                                 
db5-5.3.28_6                   Oracle Berkeley DB, revision 5.3                                                                     
expat-2.2.0_1                  XML 1.0 parser written in C                                                                         
gdbm-1.12                      GNU database manager                                                                                 
gettext-runtime-0.19.8.1_1     GNU gettext runtime libraries and programs                                                           
git-2.11.0_3                   Distributed source code management tool                                                             
indexinfo-0.2.6                Utility to regenerate the GNU info page index                                                       
libffi-3.2.1                   Foreign Function Interface                                                                           
libiconv-1.14_10               Character set conversion library                                                                     
libnghttp2-1.18.0              HTTP/2.0 C Library                                                                                   
p5-Authen-SASL-2.16_1          Perl5 module for SASL authentication                                                                 
p5-Digest-HMAC-1.03_1          Perl5 interface to HMAC Message-Digest Algorithms                                                   
p5-Error-0.17024               Error/exception handling in object-oriented programming style                                       
p5-GSSAPI-0.28_1               Perl extension providing access to the GSSAPIv2 library                                             
p5-IO-Socket-IP-0.38           Drop-in replacement for IO::Socket::INET supporting IPv4 and IPv6                                   
p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.038         Perl5 interface to SSL sockets                                                                       
p5-Mozilla-CA-20160104         Perl extension for Mozilla CA cert bundle in PEM format                                             
p5-Net-SMTP-SSL-1.04           SSL support for Net::SMTP                                                                           
p5-Net-SSLeay-1.78             Perl5 interface to SSL                                                                               
p5-Socket-2.024                Networking constants and support functions                                                           
pcre-8.39_1                    Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library                                                         
perl5-5.24.1.r4_1              Practical Extraction and Report Language                                                             
pkg-1.9.4_1                    Package manager                                                                                     
plexmediaserver-1.3.3.3148     Plex Media Server component                                                                         
plexmediaserver-plexpass-1.3.3.3148 Plex Media Server component                                                                     
python27-2.7.13_1              Interpreted object-oriented programming language                                                     
serf-1.3.9_1                   Serf HTTP client library                                                                             
sqlite3-3.15.1_1               SQL database engine in a C library                                                                   
subversion-1.9.5               Version control system                                                                               

BamBamm

Patron
service plexmediaserver stop
pkg update && pkg upgrade
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass
service plexmediaserver start
Code:
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # pkg update && pkg upgrade                                                                                 
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...                                                                                           
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.                                                                                                   
All repositories are up-to-date.                                                                                                   
Checking for upgrades (0 candidates): 100%                                                                                         
Processing candidates (0 candidates): 100%                                                                                         
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)                                                                                         
Your packages are up to date.                                                                                                       
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass                                                                     
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)                                                                                         
The most recent version of packages are already installed                                                                           
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # service plexmediaserver start                                                                             
Starting plexmediaserver.                                                                                                           

BamBamm

Patron
I went into the new interface for 11.2 and tried to install Plex Media Server - Plex Pass via plugin and I got this error:
FreeNas_1.jpg

DoubleIPA

Explorer
There is a thread within these forums that goes through upgrade and installing plex on 11.2. You may want to have a look in that thread.

I'm still trying to figure out if you were in the old interface or new interface when updating you jail plugin. If your plex installation was created in your old freenas installation then you need to use the old interface. I recommend reading this guide to ports: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
also read this on 11.2 jails: https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/jails.html#jail-software

Did you figure out what FreeBSD version is in your jail?

DoubleIPA

Explorer
@BamBamm

You pkg version is pkg-1.9.4_1 and mine is pkg-1.10.5_5. I'm gathering your version of FreeBSD is older or you pkg hasn't updated. I'm not 100% sure but I think you'll need to update the version of freebsd in your jail in order to install that newer version.

BamBamm

Patron
How do I do that? And all my files are located in the jail.

DoubleIPA

Explorer
Do you have a backup of your system an jail? That's the first step, but if not and it's not possible we'll try another avenue.

Peter

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
This thread is rediculous. Inside the jail run
Code:
uname -K
uname -U

This will show the jail userspace version and kernel version. You current have 2 versions of Plex installed and that is going to cause big problems. You will probably create a new iocage jail at this point from the new GUI. Then copy over your old plexdata director so you keep all your metadata.

danb35

Hall of Famer
And all my files are located in the jail.
You'll need to fix that. Data (and ideally configuration as well) should be stored on the storage pool, with a directory mounted to the jail. Then when you need to, for example, rebuild the jail, your data (and configuration) aren't affected.
pkg update && pkg upgrade
pkg isn't apt--the update command is completely unnecessary.

BamBamm

Patron
This thread is rediculous. Inside the jail run
Code:
uname -K
uname -U

This will show the jail userspace version and kernel version. You current have 2 versions of Plex installed and that is going to cause big problems. You will probably create a new iocage jail at this point from the new GUI. Then copy over your old plexdata director so you keep all your metadata.
Code:
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # uname -K                                             
1102500                                                                         
root@plexmediaserver1:/ # uname -U                                             

You'll need to fix that. Data (and ideally configuration as well) should be stored on the storage pool, with a directory mounted to the jail. Then when you need to, for example, rebuild the jail, your data (and configuration) aren't affected.

How do I do this? I am in the OLD interface.