Plex Scanners & Agents

Nandostrich

Cadet
I'm fairly new to freeNAS and plex, and by now i've managed to set up my media folders and upload all my files, but now i'm trying to add scanners and metadata agents, and this is where it all went downhill.

Plex, and all its files, is installed under iocage/jails/plexserver/root , but whenever i try to copy the files inside, i get a popup saying i need permission to modify that folder. I tried editing ACL for iocage but the option isn't there at all. I just need a way to gain access to modify the contents of the iocage dataset or, alternatively, install all the plex files in another dataset.

For context, here are the scanner and metadata agent i'm trying to install.

garm

Wizard
but whenever i try to copy the files inside, i get a popup saying i need permission to modify that folder.
That sounds odd.. how exactly did you “try” this? Basically, any work on plex would require console or ssh and neither would give you such a popup?

Nandostrich

Cadet
That sounds odd.. how exactly did you “try” this? Basically, any work on plex would require console or ssh and neither would give you such a popup?
The only way I've tried copying stuff is via a Windows share. I haven't used ssh because I'm not too familiar with it. What command could i use to copy a whole directory into it?

garm

Wizard
Sharing a jail is properly poor practice, you will end up breaking permissions... there are of course several ways of manipulating files from command line.. as both your links are from github, you can clone the rep or download specific files (binaries) with wget