Plex plugin - How to access directory to install third party scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeZMehK

Dabbler
Hello all,

I am trying to install a third party scanner but I can't figure out how to access the directory to install it. Thank you for the help.

Edit:
I am sorry. I should have updated the first post when I did some work on it. I saw the thread that DrKK mentioned before. What I was asking is how to access it to upload a file to it. I then realized that I can set it up as a windows share, which I did. But now the issue is that I can not write anything to it. So I tried changing the permissions for the jail but that was a big mistake. The plex plugin stopped working as soon as I changed permissions for the jail. I had to recreate the jail for the plugin to work again.

Now the current issue is how to add that new scanner file into the plex directory without messing with the permissions.

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Sir:

We have no idea what the hell you're talking about. What kind of scanner? Virus scanner? Document scanner? Police scanner? What "directory"?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Create jail.
Add storage to said jail.
Install whatever you want in said jail.
Eat tacos.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

SeZMehK

Dabbler
I am sorry. I should have updated the first post when I did some work on it. I saw the thread that DrKK mentioned before. What I was asking is how to access it to upload a file to it. I then realized that I can set it up as a windows share, which I did. But now the issue is that I can not write anything to it. So I tried changing the permissions for the jail but that was a big mistake. The plex plugin stopped working as soon as I changed permissions for the jail. I had to recreate the jail for the plugin to work again.

Now the current issue is how to add that new scanner file into the plex directory without messing with the permissions.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.