FreeNAS 10 - Plex and Transmission situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubenm

Dabbler
Hi guys

Need some help, for what i search i beliave both situations are related to permissions.
I will apreciat all kind of help.

after configure email from freenas i am getting this erros daily:
> pid 77498 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77499 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77500 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77503 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77526 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77527 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77529 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77531 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77532 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77535 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77536 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77537 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77538 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77539 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77540 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77541 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77543 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11
> pid 77545 (Plex Media Scanner), uid 972: exited on signal 11

ALso using the plugin for plex when i try to delete an video it doesnt, beliave its related...

Also since i upgrade transmission that i cant use it because of permissions to write the files.

Anyone with more experience can help?

rubenm

Dabbler
Nbl6FFK.jpg

This is where i have the plex media
i see that transmission as few options that why i get errors trying to download...

inside \media\
LQ2985k.jpg

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I assume you want both plex and transmission to be able to write to the media folder.
In this case it either needs to be...
* world writable (solution 4 from the thread I linked, 777) and you can have future files from transmission written with 777 by changuing the setting in the FreeNAS WebUI > left panel > Plugins > transmission
* group writable (solution 3 from the thread linked, 77X) and the transmission user and plex user need to be in the same group that owns the folder, in their jails.
* or you need the change transmission and/or plex's user (solution 2 from the thread I linked) and have that user own the folder

Please choose a solution, try implementing it, and if it doesn't work post the screenshots again and the outputs of 'ps aux' from the transmission and plex jail. I also noticed you have windows ACLs enabled on the 'media' folder, this adds another level of complexity that I never choose to understand. that could also stop things from writing to the folders on top of the standard unix permissions.

cmh

Explorer
Running into this issue. Would get the segfault message once a day, thought maybe something was amiss with my Plex jail. It needed to be updated, so I destroyed it and recreated, and now I get over 200 of the message each day. Based on Joshua's reply, it sounds like Plex needs write access to the media folder? I'm not entirely sure why that might be, it shouldn't be changing anything. Would giving it write access get rid of the signal 11 errors?

Also seems a bit suboptimal to segfault because of lack of write access. Would also make me less inclined to give that software write access. ;)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Running into this issue. Would get the segfault message once a day, thought maybe something was amiss with my Plex jail. It needed to be updated, so I destroyed it and recreated, and now I get over 200 of the message each day. Based on Joshua's reply, it sounds like Plex needs write access to the media folder? I'm not entirely sure why that might be, it shouldn't be changing anything. Would giving it write access get rid of the signal 11 errors?

Also seems a bit suboptimal to segfault because of lack of write access. Would also make me less inclined to give that software write access. ;)
my reply isn't directed at the signal 11 errors, just the permission issues. I doubt allowing writing for plex would keep it from segfaulting.

Reactions: cmh

cmh

Explorer
my reply isn't directed at the signal 11 errors, just the permission issues. I doubt allowing writing for plex would keep it from segfaulting.

Yeah, plus I checked and it does have write access already. Any guesses as to the segfaults?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yeah, plus I checked and it does have write access already. Any guesses as to the segfaults?
I'm not sure. maybe they would be able to debug on the plex forum.

Reactions: cmh
Status
Not open for further replies.