Plex not reading dataset folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleycr

Patron
I've posted a couple other threads trying to get this fixed for over a month now with no luck. I'm going to try to keep this less lengthy to see if it helps, but it'll be difficult without providing background info

I've upgraded over the years starting at 9.2. Current FreeNAS version is 11.0-U4. Plex version 1.10.1.4602. Jail storage has two different sources on two different datasets that it's pulling media content from. Both locations have group and user set as media. In Plex settings, I manually set the locations (/mnt/Vol1/DS1/Movies & /mnt/Vol1/media/videos/movies)for Plex to pull media from.
  • Plex does not show media from /mnt/Vol1/DS1/Movies, but does from the other directory.
  • When trying to move files from the DS1 dataset directory to the other, FreeNAS says there is already a copy. When I access directory from share, there only shows 1.
  • I had two storage configurations setup in the Jail for the longest time. Tried only having one storage point setup in Jail from recommendation from another thread, but this did not work.
I believe there are permissions issues, along with old configurations that may need to be updated with the newer versions of Freenas and Plex. The only suggestion I've got is to delete the media library and re-build it and if it doesn't work to just restore from a backup. That doesn't seem to be a viable solution IMO.

Any advice? I'm at my wits end here. Thanks in advance.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The name of the user and group mean nothing. The uid and gid need to match. What is the Id of the media user in the jail and on freenas?

carleycr

Patron
Pretty sure both are 816. Here is my understanding of how to pull the ID in the jail.

Media ID.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Did you mount the movies dataset or one of its parents? You have to mount each dataset individually.

carleycr

Patron
I mounted the storage media storage when I first implemented freenas. I also had the DS1 dataset mounted for a long time, until around December when Plex stopped reading the Movies folder out of that dataset. Yesterday is when I mounted the DS1 dataset and changed the Movies directory owner:group to media:media.
Jail Storage.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You can't mount them to the same destination. You mounted one over the other. Choose a different destination path.

carleycr

Patron
That did it. OMG. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Why is it always the simple things right in front of my face.

Now, another question, are you aware of a command I can run in a directory to count the number of files with extensions? Plex is showing a movie count a little lower than I remember.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Maybe ls -R *.mkv | wc -l

mjt5282

Contributor

carleycr

Patron
Didn't seem to work. Doing some searching ls -1 | wc -l gave me the number 20, but that's about 1,050 off. If you could guide me in the right direction to some sort of documentation I can look into what this would look like.

carleycr

Patron

carleycr

Patron
New, but similar issue. Now that I added the storage of the jail, the other source of media storage is only recognizing some of the movies in the media dataset. It's like anything newer than 2014 is not pulling into Plex. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.