how to update from plex to plexpass without rebuilding library FN 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keven

Contributor
Hi, I have been lokking for tutorial on how to upgrade from the regular plex plugin(warden jail) to plexpass plugin (iocage jail) while moving all my library to the new one, so avoiding to rebuild everything. no tutorial that i tried worked.

my plex data is located:
/mnt/Vol1/Jail/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server

i tried to copy it to:
/mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex Media Server

by installing the plexpass pluggin then before openning the plugin I create the directory since it didn't have the opportunity to do it
Code:
var=' /mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex Media Server'; -p -- $var 

and then copying the data to the new jail
Code:
cp -Ripv -f "/mnt/Vol1/Jail/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server" "/mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex Media Server"

then i add storage to the new plexpass

source__________________________________________________Destination
/mnt/Vol1/Bibliotheque/Média____________________________/mnt/iocage/jails/plex/root/media

just note that it is not exactly the same (old plex):
source__________________________________________________Destination
/mnt/Vol1/Bibliotheque/Documents Familiale/Images______/media personnel/Images
/mnt/Vol1/Bibliotheque/Documents Familiale/Vidéos______/media personnel/videos
/mnt/Vol1/Bibliotheque/Média___________________________/media

but when i start the plexpass pluggin it first ask to add library and when i add the same one as my older plex plugin it just rebuilt it

garm

Wizard
If you go to plex.tv they most probably have a migration guide.. this is not a FreeNAS problem.
I assume there is a database involved and if so you proabobly need to dump and import said database.

Status
Not open for further replies.