Plex mixing Tv shows with Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffybunny

Cadet
Ok so I'm a bit of a plex and Freenas N00b, so bear with me.
Ive set up a plex server on my NAS and just imported all my video content to the server.
Plex has gone ahead and done its job in sorting BUT it has sorted my TV shows correctly without mixing movies in it but in the movies section ALL of my TV shows are also registered there.

My storage for the jail is as follows;
Source: /mnt/Volume_01/ChrisNAS/Media (there are sub folders under this which separate TV shows or movies)
Destination: /media

to access movies i just go down one more folder to say Movies to get them or to Tv shows to pick them up.
From everything I've read it seems I've done it all correctly, if you could enlighten me how i screwed such a simple thing id appreciate it!

PS im running FreeNAS-11.0-U2 & Plex 1.8.1.4139.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So you have directories of /mnt/Volume_01/ChrisNAS/Media/TV and /mnt/Volume_01/ChrisNAS/Media/Movies, you've created separate libraries in Plex for TV shows pointed to /media/TV, and for Movies pointed to /media/Movies, and you're still seeing this?

Fluffybunny

Cadet
I've created separate libraries BUT i have not created separate storage links to the separate libraries in the jail (see pic).
I assure you that the /movies/tv shows doesn't exist but Plex assumes it does?

Attachments

• what plex sees.PNG
    what plex sees.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 592
  • Plex storage mount.PNG
    Plex storage mount.PNG
    39.8 KB · Views: 536
  • what the tree looks like to windows.PNG
    what the tree looks like to windows.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 576

danb35

Hall of Famer
There's no need to create separate storage links, as long as Movies and TV Shows are subdirectories rather than datasets. But in that case, your Movies library in Plex needs to point to /media/Movies, and your TV Shows library needs to point to /media/TV Shows.

Fluffybunny

Cadet
Which is exactly what its doing...
Tv shows are being separated correctly but Movies have all of my TV shows mixed in too...

LLeo

Dabbler
I have mine set up in FN 11.02 & PM 1.8.1.4139 working correctly. I struggled with the "adding folders" issue and resolved it but I'm not an expert. I did notice your "plex-storage-mount-png.20418/" shows just "/media" without a subdirectory such as "/media/TV" and another with "/media/movies" in separate lines. Attached is a snapshot of my set up for comparison. What "I see" in your first pic is the "Movie" folder mapped IN your /TV folder in Plex where it should be. Also, it is possible in Plex to map more than one folder per instance and I suspect that may have happened in the case you pictured.

As an aside, my struggles with both Plex and Win10 SMB/network failure, I had different problems but related. I'm not a command line junkie but once I figured out the only way to get to my Freenas files was FTP, I installed Filezilla. That interface allowed me to view the Freenas file structure in GUI! What I DID notice was that my Plex folder structure had duplicates such as a "movie" folder in a "TV" folder and vice versa because of the "Create Directory" check box ticked. So in meandering trying to get my mappings in Plex to work, I had inadvertently duplicated folders within folders so I'm sure Plex was completely confused! Or was it me? Lol! Anyway, after long hours struggling to fix the mess I made, I settled on FTP'ing the Plex content in full BACK to my Windows box, deleting all the FN datasets pertaining to Plex ( ialso had permission problems stemming from when Windows/SMB WAS working correctly) and started over by mapping my Plex jail storage as you see in my pic. Luckily, I don't think your issue is that complex but if it turns out to be, you know there is a way out.

I would begin by making sure you didn't map a "folder with in a folder" as I suspect.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 631

danb35

Hall of Famer
I did notice your "plex-storage-mount-png.20418/" shows just "/media" without a subdirectory such as "/media/TV" and another with "/media/movies" in separate lines.
Again, this is fine if TV and movies are subdirectories. The storage mounts will include any subdirectories of the original directory. It will not, however, include datasets which are under the original directory/dataset.

Status
Not open for further replies.