Plex Media Server stopped updating information for newly added movies and TV shows

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi there

I run Freenas 11 with the latest plex media server on it and all was working fine until after adding a few new movies I've noticed that plex adds them to the library but then it does not download the show info and all the usual things like poster etc. if I try to do it manually by using the match from the menu the search returns a blank field (screenshot attached)

I've deleted the plugin and re-installed plex restored my db from a backup and all was working great, new shows, movies were updated with all the info until today when it happen again.

Any one experienced this too? How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 747

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Do you have a default gateway listed in your network tab? When it stops downloading metedata can you ping an outside address from the jail such as 8.8.8.8?

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
I believe I do (plz see screenshot) also I have successfully ping 8.8.8.8 from inside the jail. I have restarted the plex jail and updating started working again. not sure why it stops tho. at least I now how to fix it when it does again.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 847

Pingu

Cadet
I have the same Issue, but with a fresh install. I can ping from within the jail but cant seem to get any metadata.

Raven9810

Dabbler
I believe I do (plz see screenshot) also I have successfully ping 8.8.8.8 from inside the jail. I have restarted the plex jail and updating started working again. not sure why it stops tho. at least I now how to fix it when it does again.

Were you able to get this corrected? I started having issues getting metadata and posters for newly added movies and some metadata is found for most movies, but no posters. TV shows download both metadata and posters with no issue. It's getting frustrating, especially since I removed the libraries from Plex and then added them backing hoping this would correct the problem, only to find out that I have no posters for any movies now (800+). This started at the beginning of July and no changes have been made to my system for a while.

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
yes, i have. to fix this you need to go to your library settings/ advanced and there you need to change the agent from Plex movie to the movie database. the same for your tv series change it to anything other than Plex agent

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 714

Alex98234

Dabbler
I had the same problem problem for my TV series except I was using a Windows Server 2016 VM. I fixed the problem by changing the TV agent and deleting the metadata folder for Plex.

morby

Cadet
hi
did anyone find the solution for this problem!
I have the same problem like TomasNZ78 mentiond. Fresh installed freenas, fresh installed plexmediaserver-1.7.5.4035
1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

also a new problem has started from today. when i want to add media folder it does not show the / folder only plex jail folder
4.JPG

Hi all. Had the same issue on a windows plex server. Drove me crazy. Worked it out as permissions on the drive/folder location of the database. set permissions to everyone (no shared) and it now grabs everything as it should.
Hope this is of some help.