phpVirtualBox (FreeNAS 9.10-STABLE) Ubuntu 16 guest No Longer Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

doverosx

Dabbler
Hello!

I've recently done a sweep of updates on my FreeNAS setup including replacing the USB key and swapping it for an SSD for boot partition storage. I've got a phpVirtualBox jail template that is running an Ubuntu guest that I updated to Ubuntu 16. I've been working on it bit by bit over the past week and only recently was able to get VNC access working.

Issues so far:
  • Starting up the guest doesn't appear to work correctly (having VNC will help me figure this out), but the IP address doesn't respond after it looks like the system has finished booting in the console preview. Additionally, I don't see any new DHCP addresses being registered on my router.
  • Shutting down the guest with ACPI Power Off does not work at all. No response or anything from the guest.
  • Using "Power Off" starts, but never finishes. It always hangs and I generally need to reset the jail in order to get phpVirtualBox responding again. The progress bar is indicating 14% completion for example and this is typically a very fast process.
  • EDIT: When forcing the jail to shutdown or reboot. I get a dump of "Fork_Not_Completed" messages on the monitor connected to my FreeNAS server and the server crashes and restarts (definitely not ideal).
Ideally I could fix up this guest but I've already come to terms that I'll be rebuilding the VM again ;).

Thanks in Advance!
Brodey Dover

doverosx

Dabbler
VNC is working beautifully now so I'll just use that.

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.