Permanent Welcome sign with TrueNAS-12.0-U6

NumberSix

Contributor
Hi
Since I performed the latest upgrade to TrueNAS-12.0-U6 I am greeted with a "Welcome to your new NAS" message box. Each and every time I open the GUI. It's a bit of a pain, and I'm sure it's a bug of some sort. Does anyone know of a fix?

screenshot.6.jpg

Thank you for your ideas in advance.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Have you enabled cookies for that site (or do you have any script/cookie or other blockers active for that page)?

NumberSix

Contributor
All cookies are enabled for this site. I even added an exception not to delete them when I quit my browser. Yes, I have ad blockers but always have. This behaviour just started with the newest TrueNAS install.

Redcoat

MVP
FWIW, I can reproduce this behavior. It doesn't occur on the first access to the GUI via the signon page, but does in the case of any page reload by the browser - Chrome in my case. All ads are blocked (by pfsense), all cookies accepted for both of my NAS's IP's.

At a page reload, the Sign-on box appears momentarily and is then obscured by the "Welcome" message @NumberSix pictured. On hitting the "Get Started" button the "Looking for Help?" box disappears, the Sign-on box has already gone, leaving the reloaded page.

I only see it reappear if I reboot the NAS

NumberSix

Contributor
It shouldn't REappear at all IMHO. I think this is a bug. Should I make a jira note of it?

Redcoat

MVP

NumberSix

Contributor
Done!

Redcoat

MVP
So, what's the Jira ticket number? Typically they are reported in the thread so that interested parties can find it, add notes to it, upvote it, etc., without having to go search for it.

NumberSix

Contributor
Hi
Thank you for that Redcoat; I wasn't aware of the protocols around this.

NAS-112891
-seems to be the allocated issue number.

Thanks again!

Redcoat

MVP
Hi
Thank you for that Redcoat; I wasn't aware of the protocols around this.

NAS-112891
-seems to be the allocated issue number.

Thanks again!
OK, I just added a comment referencing this thread and voted it up.

Evertb1

Guru
Good deal with that ticket. I have seen the same problem on my Lab server. Not on my main file server but that might be because I almost never reboot it.

NumberSix

Contributor
Thank you Evertb1.
Please vote the issue up on the Jira site if you haven't done so already. Link below:
NAS-112891
We might push this to the point where they fix it soon, if we make enough noise. To cite an ancient truth, "loudest squeek gets oil"!
Thanks again Evertb1.

Evertb1

Guru
I have voted the issue up. But to be honest to me it is not that big of a deal. But if you see this daily it will become irritating I think.

NumberSix

Contributor
Indeed, it is. Thank you!

Evertb1

Guru
Strange. Normally I use Chrome to open the TrueNAS UI. I just recycled my lab server and opened the TrueNAS UI. I fully expected to see that "Looking for help" pop-up. Nope. It was not there. That made me use Edge to open a session with the UI and yes there it was. As I almost never use Edge I think it is a cookie problem. Now I get it every time I open with Edge (I tried).

NumberSix

Contributor
Absolutely irritating
Hi Will
Yes, isn't it just?! Please pop over to the Jira and (open an account if you haven't already) and vote the issue up (for attention). Here's the link to this exact issue:
NAS-112891

NumberSix

Contributor
Now I get it every time I open with Edge (I tried).
I use Firefox. It happens every time I open the GUI. As noted previously, this, even though I've confirmed TrueNAS' url is able to save cookies.