SOLVED "TrueNAS versions mismatch in failover. Update both controllers to the same version." TrueNAS 12.0-U6/5.1

The TrueNAS I'm supporting has two controllers and I'm attempting to upgrade them to the latest TrueNAS available to them. I used the Web GUI to run an update, which worked on one of the controllers, but not the other one. The issue appears to be: The Web GUI will only recognize that there is an update available, if the Primary controller has an update available, but will only *apply* the update to the Secondary controller.

When the controller with U5.1 is the Secondary, the GUI won't recognize that there's an update available (because the Primary controller already has U6). Wen the controller with U6 is Secondary, the GUI recognizes (and will even apply) the update to U6, performs a failover to make the U5.1 controller secondary (as it's supposed to), but then won't apply the update on the U5.1 controller.

I'm very comfortable using the command line in Unix based systems, but I'm a complete noob with TrueNAS. Is there a way to SSH into the U5.1 controller when it's Secondary and run the update from the command line? Is there a better way to resolve this message?

Thanks in advance!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This is the forum for the non-commercial versions of TrueNAS. In your case, you need to contact iX customer support at support@ixsystems.com, as only the Enterprise versions support HA, and not the non-commercial versions.

This is the forum for the non-commercial versions of TrueNAS. In your case, you need to contact iX customer support at support@ixsystems.com, as only the Enterprise versions support HA, and not the non-commercial versions.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. Fortunately, I managed to resolve the issue on my own a few minutes ago, so all's good now.

Have a great day!