Password Vaults/Storage

jayecin

Explorer
I would like to setup some sort of password vault on my NAS utilizing the redundancy etc. Is anyone else currently doing that and how do they have it implemented?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I suggest KeePass 2 with the Windows client, configured for WebDAV access. This allows you to use Strongbox on iOS (and I think Android too) for remote access via WebDAV and everything can be synced fairly easily.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Here's one:

I run Bitwarden myself, though not hosted on my NAS.

ornias

Wizard
Bitwarden(rs) is super awesome and runs very well.
Although that guide makes a multitude of config errors, or complicates maters more than needed imho.

it also features integrated sync with both iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, OSX, browser plugins, a web gui (that can be disabled), option to share passwords with others etcetcetc.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
I have been using KeePass for many years. There are various forks/implementations out there and some older ones had the occasional issue on a shared drive. About a year ago I switched to KeePassXC and have had zero issues since then. It monitors the file for external modifications and creates a backup before updates. And save happens automatically in the background. For mobile devices I had used a local NextCloud instance so far instead of WebDAV (although I guess NextCloud uses the latter under the covers anyway).

SeedyRom

Dabbler
I use KeePass and save my db to NextCloud. NextCloud and KeePass both have a client that supports Windows, Linux, and Android so you can access and automatically sync your db from any device. NextCloud also has a plug-in that will let you read KeePass db files from the web interface. I also use the KeePassHttp-Connector plug-in with Firefox and it allows me to auto-fill my logins and create new entries without leaving the browser.

Check out the KeePass plug-ins page to get an idea of all the things you can do with it https://keepass.info/plugins.html .