Owncloud - Can't load existing directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooter

Dabbler
Hello,

I am trying to setup owncloud. I have it setup and accessible. However when I add storage to the jail for an existing directory it does not display the data in that directory. Anyone have any tips to help resolve this?

One thing that I am trying to figure out how the users in owncloud work. Are the owncloud users using the same usernames as those in freenas? The user I am testing with has the same username in owncloud and freenas.

Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
owncloud needs to rescan a folder to see new files, this isn't done regularly for folders in owncloud's data-directory (/media if you're using the owncloud plugin).

Do you plan to access the folder/dataset you are mounting into the owncloud jail through a protocol other then owncloud? If so you should be using owncloud's "External storage support" app. I recommend you mount this dataset somewhere other then under /media, like /mnt/files. Then add this as a local storage mountpoint on owncloud's admin settings page, where you can set how often it is scanned for changes.

cooter

Dabbler
The folders and datasets are access through a CIFS share and by other plugins. I'll try what you recommend and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.