SOLVED Open VPN Client & Server services not working?

docwhite

Cadet
Hello,

I am playing with the OpenVPN services under System Settings > Services. And when I click the pencil icon it redirects me to /ui/dashboard. If I click the button to enable the service I get a modal "OpenVPN Client service failed to start.".

I was wondering what's the current state of development for that feature.

Is there any central place where I can keep track of the updates from the great development team?

Thanks.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems

docwhite

Cadet
Thanks @morganL, I was on 21.02, and I am now installing the nightly train.

I will give it a go with the latest nightly and come back to this thread.

docwhite

Cadet
I am now in the nightlies train and using TrueNAS-SCALE-21.03-MASTER-20210327-012917

I still cannot edit the Open VPN Server configuration nor the Open VPN Client configuration.

Here's a little video showing the issue: https://letuce.dev/index.php/s/HmC3pCnHGHQTaRp

I searched on Jira and I couldn't find something that describes this behaviour... Maybe it's under another title.

docwhite

Cadet
Oh! It works on Chrome and not on Firefox! My Firefox is at Strict mode, it could be that... I will set it to standard.

docwhite

Cadet
Very strange... Now it all works. Even if my firefox is at Strict mode... Maybe since I just installed the nightly it was downloading in the background the openvpn tooling or something... No idea... But hey! I'm happy now :D

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Very strange... Now it all works. Even if my firefox is at Strict mode... Maybe since I just installed the nightly it was downloading in the background the openvpn tooling or something... No idea... But hey! I'm happy now :D
It's not downloading in background.... but browser caches can screw things up and then get refreshed.