Online upgrade from 9.10.2 U6 to 11-STABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Salier

Dabbler
Starting a thread on this so folks on the fence could get some feedback either way.

Anyone do this yet and care to post their experience?

Any issues? I assume not as I don't see any posts about issues.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you looking specifically for people who are upgrading from 9.10.2-U6 to 11.1-Stable? It's not going to be a large audience. If you are just looking at upgrades in general then there is a thread on it already, likely a few by now. So far the upgrades are going well but you never know, something un-good could happen overnight or during a scrub or 2 weeks down the road. It's always a risk but the longer you wait, the less the risk. I would expect that if a person is still on 9.10.2-U6 that they would remain there until after 11.2 comes out at the earliest, when the jails all change, or maybe even wait until the next version comes along after that.

Remember, if it ain't broke, Don't fix it. I suspect that you live by that rule to some extent.

tslw

Dabbler
I upgraded and have one issue: http traffic to and from some iohyve VMs does not work well (3 out of 5 do not work). Ethernet interface is correctly configured. Ping works. I do not see a difference in network configuration on working and non-working iohyve VMs. One started working after I restarted the application.
For the rest everything seems to work fine.

A bad thing is when rebooting to 9.10 I have the same iohyve VM networking issues now in 9.10. :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.