Now that I have upgraded to 11.2beta?, are my jails and plug-ins still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightowl805

Explorer
I don't see any after the update. I have a feeling they are still there I just can't see it. Plex.TV can still locate it. Do you just go to Plugins-available and then re-install? It's basically just Plex and Tautulli that I am just trying to recover but not sure where to begin

ryanakata

Explorer
You'll need to create new iocage jails and then using your method of choosing, migrate your existing data over to the new iocage jails and start them. I personally am moving Tautulli over to a VM once they sort the VMs stopping bug out.

Nightowl805

Explorer
You'll need to create new iocage jails and then using your method of choosing, migrate your existing data over to the new iocage jails and start them. I personally am moving Tautulli over to a VM once they sort the VMs stopping bug out.

Thank you very much. So if I create the new IOcage jail it won't erase my previous library? How do I migrate what I can't see? still very much a newbie. Is there any advantage to using the Plex Media Server (Plex Pass) vs the Plex Media Server? I do have a lifetime membership?

8-bit Yoda

Explorer
How do I migrate what I can't see?

Your old (warden managed) jails are still there as before the update, but they won't show up in the beta UI. You must switch back to the Legacy UI to see them. There's a "Legacy UI" button on the logon screen for this purpose.

Nightowl805

Explorer
I can go back to the "Legacy UI" and see my previous plex media server and jail. I installed the new IO cage Plex Pass Media Server and can see that Plugin but I am lost now. I don't know how to connect the Legacy UI Jail with the IOcage. Plex.TV is still connecting to the Legacy UI jail however when I am in the 11.2 beta version. I guess it's the "Migrating" part I don't understand.

ryanakata

Explorer
I can go back to the "Legacy UI" and see my previous plex media server and jail. I installed the new IO cage Plex Pass Media Server and can see that Plugin but I am lost now. I don't know how to connect the Legacy UI Jail with the IOcage. Plex.TV is still connecting to the Legacy UI jail however when I am in the 11.2 beta version. I guess it's the "Migrating" part I don't understand.

This is correct. You now have a second instance of Plex running in an iocage jail. I didn't even know there was a new list of plugins as I created mine manually.

What you'll want to do is jump in the command line and copy your Plex data folder over to the new iocage directory and then restart the iocage jail and it should pick it all up.

I don't have time right now to make you an exact step by step but if you look at my post history there should be one back where I did it in 11.1. This probably won't get you 100% there but it should be close enough to let you figure it out. You just need the copy commands since you've already created the jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Also you'll have to log in to the legacy UI and shut down all your jails from there and change the settings so that it doesn't autostart. Once you've copied over any data that you need from the old jails and the new jails are functional you can destroy the old jails from the legacy UI.

Don't bother with the migration script, it has some serious shortcomings.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/warden-migration-script-test.68502/

Status
Not open for further replies.