Tautulli been running fine but now can't start

Berkyjay

Contributor
What's service tautulli status?

Huh, it doesn't seem to be there. Is it possible it was uninstalled during the reboot?

Code:
root@PlexPy:/bin # service tautulli status
tautulli does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Huh, it doesn't seem to be there. Is it possible it was uninstalled during the reboot?

Anything's possible. Try pkg install tautulli, and then service tautulli start.

Berkyjay

Contributor
Anything's possible. Try pkg install tautulli, and then service tautulli start.

Well that worked. But I'm unable to connect the Plex server to it. I think I'm just going to delete the entire jail and start over from the git wiki for Tautulli. Thanks for the help.

i need help making me crazy. deleted tautulli now not updated through plugin nut installed into jail. It works. every time i reboot or restart service i have to run these commands for it to start again please help.
cd /usr/local/share/

cd Tautulli

./start.sh

After these commands it works.

ornias

Wizard
@Samuel Tai
The way we just fixed this with Jailman was as follows:
- Move to Python 3
- symlink python3 to python

Any other issues, including aliasses don't work well.
The problem is with tautulli, somewhere in their code, they still refer to python as python instead of python3.

*edit*
yes, I know this is hacky as duck. But it just works(tm), for now.

@Samuel Tai
- Move to Python 3

The problem is with tautulli, somewhere in their code, they still refer to python as python instead of python3.

*edit*
@Samuel Tai
- Move to Python 3

*edit*
please explain step by step. Have no idea how to do this.? sorry.

hertzsae

Contributor
See what base packages you have installed:
iocage exec tautulli pkg prime-list

Replace the python 2 packages with python 3 packages. For me, I now have the following installed: ca_root_nss, git, pkg, py37-openssl, py37-sqlite3, and python3. If you were starting from scratch, you would run the following command (remove any you already have if using an existing jail):
iocage exec tautulli pkg install -y python3 py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl security/ca_root_nss git

Remove the old packages:
iocage exec tautulli pkg delete XXXXXX

Run a cleanup to also remove unneeded package dependencies:
iocage exec tautulli pkg autoremove

Symlink python3 to python:
iocage exec tautulli ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

ornias

Wizard
I just found out I was giving wrong advice...

The right way to do this:
1. Remove all python2 content and python.
2. Install Python37, python3 AND python (in that order)

This should do the trick:
pkg install python37 python3 python py37-setuptools py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl py37-pycryptodomex python3 git

hertzsae

Contributor
ornias,
I noticed that you included py37-setuptools and py37-pycryptodomex. My install seems to be working well without those and I'm wondering what they add to tautulli?

ornias

Wizard
ornias,
I noticed that you included py37-setuptools and py37-pycryptodomex. My install seems to be working well without those and I'm wondering what they add to tautulli?
Might be just legacy... I know this works, thats all I wanted to add.

nojohnny101

Wizard
I am also having this problem. I have tried @Samuel Tai instructions for pip installing python but even after that tuatilli fails to start. Has anyone figured this out? It sounds like a bug in Tautulli that won't be fixed by a wipe and re-install (which I would like to avoid anyways).

ornias

Wizard
I am also having this problem. I have tried @Samuel Tai instructions for pip installing python but even after that tuatilli fails to start. Has anyone figured this out?
Again:
- Fresh jail
- pkg install python37 python3 python py37-setuptools py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl py37-pycryptodomex python3 git

Afterwards you install tautulli, normally (not pkg). An example of the steps is the jailman install script:

It sounds like a bug in Tautulli that won't be fixed by a wipe and re-install (which I would like to avoid anyways).
It might, thats why everyone always advices to keep your data out of the jail...

anyhow:

You can try:
1. Remove ALL traces of python (pkg remove)
2. remove unused deps (iocage exec tautulli pkg autoremove)
3. pkg install python37 python3 python py37-setuptools py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl py37-pycryptodomex python3 git

nojohnny101

Wizard
Again:
- Fresh jail
- pkg install python37 python3 python py37-setuptools py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl py37-pycryptodomex python3 git

Afterwards you install tautulli, normally (not pkg). An example of the steps is the jailman install script:

It might, thats why everyone always advices to keep your data out of the jail...

anyhow:

You can try:
1. Remove ALL traces of python (pkg remove)
2. remove unused deps (iocage exec tautulli pkg autoremove)
3. pkg install python37 python3 python py37-setuptools py37-sqlite3 py37-openssl py37-pycryptodomex python3 git

Thanks that second option worked. I actually do store all the jail's data outside, I've just never been through the process of destroying a jail then re-creating it and pointing it to the existing data. I"m sure it is easy, just haven't had the time to fiddle.

After running step 3 Tautulli successfully started! Thanks @ornias

ornias

Wizard
Thanks that second option worked. I actually do store all the jail's data outside, I've just never been through the process of destroying a jail then re-creating it and pointing it to the existing data. I"m sure it is easy, just haven't had the time to fiddle.

After running step 3 Tautulli successfully started! Thanks @ornias
Ahh that explains things... Indeed: Having them outside is one thing, reinstalling is another.

Came across this during my work on getting it running again on jailman. It seems python37 doesn't install the symbolic link with the executable named python....