Noob having trouble with adding a Plex Library

sgt_jamez

Explorer
I just got Plex installed. Its the official version 1.23.6.4881_1.6.6. My media is on a pool named main_vault. The full path is /mnt/main_vault/video/. But when I go to add a library from the portal, /mnt/ is empty. I'm assuming that's relative to the container that Plex is running in? So my question is how can I point the library to my main_vault pool instead of the internal file system of the Plex container?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

sgt_jamez

Explorer
Thank you for replying. I realize that I left out an important detail. I’m running Scale, not Core. If there’s a way to add a mount point in Scale, I don’t see it.

I was able to make some progress. In the App setup, there’s an option to define Plex data location. And that did work make my folders visible under /data. It worked but I don’t think that’s the right way.

Mlovelace

Guru
I'm not on scale but speaking generally about containers, you map a host storage location to a mount point inside the container. It sounds like you got that bit defined already so it should be good.

Last edited:

stavros-k

Patron
I'm pretty sure there is a section that says something "Extra hostpath volumes" or similar.
This should do it

sgt_jamez

Explorer
StavrosMadK... you're right on the money. I'm good to go now. Thanks for the help!!