Plex App - Logs Location

Zain

Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to find the logs for the Plex install on my SCALE server. This is the official release version and not the TrueCharts copy (thanks @ornias for advising me of that...LOL). I need to reference the verbose logs for the purpose of troubleshooting and I am also trying to locate the logs for integration with Tautulli.

Based on the standard installation, I would have presumed the logs to be located here: /mnt/Vol1/ix-applications/releases/plex/volumes/ix_volumes/ix-plex_config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

That folder is completely empty. I did try downloading the logs from the Plex UI (settings -> troubleshooting) and am able to view some log files however the verbose logs are not there. Obviously logging is enabled, as well as verbose.

Appreciate the feedback. TIA!

Zain

Contributor
Guess the support on the OFFICIAL Plex App is null eh? Suppose I'll migrate over to the TrueCharts Plex app...

truecharts

Guru
In that case:
You won't find it on the host system folderstructure by default, but inside the container shell (You can access the container shell clicking the options dropdown on an installed App) you can find it under /config somewhere.

If you need any more help, please throw us a bone on discord and we'll look into it :)

Zain

Contributor
In that case:
You won't find it on the host system folderstructure by default, but inside the container shell (You can access the container shell clicking the options dropdown on an installed App) you can find it under /config somewhere.

If you need any more help, please throw us a bone on discord and we'll look into it :)
Where is the default location for the data directory?

truecharts

Guru
As stated previously you cannot find it in the host file browser.
We have our own support channels (discord, email and github primarily), you can reach us there if you need support. :)