SOLVED No More apt?

why on earth can i not use apt in truenas 24.04? I need it for one thing and one thing only and you guys took it away. I use Prometheus-node-exporter for monitoring and i can no longer do this. I believe we as users should have the right to risk messing up our system. Please give us the option back to enable apt. If not how do i work around this so i can get node exporter installed?

probain

Patron
Not going into the whole "TN is an Appliance"-thing. But instead:
Try the new Dragonfish Beta. You'll there have an unsupported developer mode that you can activate. It should let you get apt and such back.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This really is nothing new at all, as apt and pkg have always been disabled or restricted through various means. Still more than a few users decided to ignore the warning signs and ended up borking their systems in weird and wonderful ways.

Thank you guys. Before I just enabled apt and dpkg with chmod /bin/apt* same thing with dpkg. After research I found the dev tools install. Also much nicer this way since before the only way I could get node explorer to run is to change the systemd .service file to run as root. As of now it seems to be running as the user prometheus with no issues.

FrankWard

Explorer
why on earth can i not use apt in truenas 24.04? I need it for one thing and one thing only and you guys took it away. I use Prometheus-node-exporter for monitoring and i can no longer do this. I believe we as users should have the right to risk messing up our system. Please give us the option back to enable apt. If not how do i work around this so i can get node exporter installed?
I haven't enabled apt/dpkg, but I've used curl to install a few tools such as ohmyzsh, htop, neofetch, etc. to spice up my root SSH. Perhaps you can do the same?

Code:
sh -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/master/tools/install.sh)”