No authentication working after applying W2k3 wannacry patch CIFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borja

Contributor
Hello,

I face a problem installing the patch MS has upload to patch and fix SMB vulnerability that is affecting millions of computers worldwide (wannacrypt). http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012598
Not sure if its an isolated case or many people will face this same problem when they update their systems. Domain controller is windows 2003 server small business, this OS is out of support, but microsoft did an exception and has patch this system, also windows XP.
Many security researches on twitter are recommending to apply these patches as fast as possible. So i applied the patch to my two obsole machines in the office (one is domain controller). After rebooting i check i can login in other machines and access shared folders. Everything works fine except freenas CIFS share.
I enter credentials to access shared folders in NAS and im rejected. I tried again and again and nothing. Fortunately, i can access data from domain controller, but only from domain controller. Anyone knows whats happening?

Thanks

styno

Patron
Did you already try setting the following parameter under "services"/"SMB" on your FreeNas? ntlm auth = yes

Borja

Contributor
Did you already try setting the following parameter under "services"/"SMB" on your FreeNas? ntlm auth = yes

Im rebooting all machines, and after rebooting access is restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.