No access to SMB share suddenly. AD W2k8 R2. No errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borja

Contributor
Hi,

I was using Freenas 11 for several months in an AD environment using windows 2008 R2 as domain controller. Suddenly, all machines in the network can't access the share (Resource not found). I check on details on domain controller, an error it show when trying to access the share is 0x80004005 that sometimes it was caused because SMB/CIFS v1 was disabled or related to some update. No updates were installed on domain controller recently, and smb v1 should not being the problem. So i dont know.

I check from freenas machine so its the only linux like machine i have on this network "smbclient -L localhost". It shows this error:
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED. So i think problem is on AD and not in freenas.... but im not sure.

Ping to DC from freenas and freenas from DC its ok. No errors in active directory registered on DC neither DNS server.

I really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Borja

Contributor
My current freenas version is 11.1-U4. Could be because SMBv1??? I suppose is different 11.1U4 allows SMBv1 that works only with SMBv1 protocol....

Borja

Contributor
I check services and Samba server was stopped.... i suppose it crashed. Problem solved.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Heh. I was in the process of replying to you. You should probably upgrade to the latest 11.1 update when you have a chance. Samba has a nasty memory leak in 11.1-U4, but there are a few caveats with 11.1-U6:
1) SMB2 is the default. You may need to add an auxiliary parameter "server min protocol = NT1"
2) You may need to bump value of net.inet.tcp.reass.maxqueuelen sysctl to 1448 per https://github.com/freenas/freenas/pull/2185/files

Borja

Contributor
Heh. I was in the process of replying to you. You should probably upgrade to the latest 11.1 update when you have a chance. Samba has a nasty memory leak in 11.1-U4, but there are a few caveats with 11.1-U6:
1) SMB2 is the default. You may need to add an auxiliary parameter "server min protocol = NT1"
2) You may need to bump value of net.inet.tcp.reass.maxqueuelen sysctl to 1448 per https://github.com/freenas/freenas/pull/2185/files

Thanks for the advice! for what "server min protocol = NT1" parameter is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.