NFS exporting datasets

union

Dabbler
Hello,

I am exporting a dataset (dataset1) via NFS that is inside a pool (pool1). I am mounting said dataset1 on my workstation using LDIFs*. Inside dataset1 there are two more datasets; dataset2 and dataset3. On my workstation where the dataset1 is mounted there are two directories called dataset2 and dataset3 inside dataet1, those directories are not showing the correct permissions or quotas as configured on the FreeNAS. Comparing the directories mounted on the workstation and on the FreeNAS itself when I touch a file in one it does not show up in the other.

As I understand these datasets inside my main dataset are not being mounted. Is that the behaviour I should expect?

I would like to be able to export the root level dataset with numerous datasets inside (so I can control permissions and quotas of those), mount that one dataset and then everything inside show as it does on the FreeNAS. Is that possible?

*extract from the ldif
Code:
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisObject
cn: dataset1
name: dataset1
msSFU30Name: dataset1
msSFU30NisDomain: london
nisMapName: auto.Volumes
nisMapEntry: -rw,hard,intr,async,tcp,vers=3,wsize=1048576,rsize=1048576 kessel:/mnt/test_pool/dataset1

Thanks

artlessknave

Wizard
you have to export each dataset with nfs, as they are seen as different filesytems and clients don't traverse them automatically.