SOLVED Can't View Contents of SMB Shares on Replicated Datasets

Status
Not open for further replies.

storage-junkie

Dabbler
I've got a secondary server that I'm replicating to nightly. If my primary server ever goes down, I'd like to be able to run off the secondary for awhile while the primary is rebuilt. To do this, I'd need to create a SMB share on the secondary so I can access my data. So far, I haven't had any luck with this.

All my datasets are children of a top-level dataset called repl. The structure is similar to the following:

-repl
+--dataset1
+--dataset2
+--dataset3
+--etc...

I tried removing the read-only flag on the top level repl dataset and creating an SMB share for it. I also re-created my user account on the secondary server, and made sure that the repl dataset has that account as the owner and that permissions are set recursively.

When I browse to that repl share I see all my folders inside, but they all appear to be empty. I have something dumb going on with permissions here, but I'm not sure what it is. Any advice? I'm currently running 11.1-U1 on both the primary and secondary servers.

Nick2253

Wizard
When you say "top level dataset", what exactly do you mean? As in, /mnt/repl or /mnt/<root>/repl?

If you try to share one of the datasets directly, does that work? When you access the shares, what account are you using? I'm not convinced that this issue is a permission issue, since you can apparently browse the folders, but the data is missing (not typical of permission issues).

storage-junkie

Dabbler
sorry - by top level dataset, I simply mean that all the datasets are under a parent dataset, and that is configured for recursive replication. The actual path to the dataset is:

/mnt/tank/repl

I just tried creating a share for one of the shares beneath repl, and the contents still don't show up when I browse it.

I'm using my user account, which is configured with the same username and password on both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.