Newly installed Plugins won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgins121

Cadet
Sorry Guys but i need your help, can't figure out whats wrong here.
I switched the whole Freenas System to a newly installed ESXI System. Imported the ZFS Dataset etc. all went well, everything working so far. The before installed Plugins are now only listed under the "Jails" section only and not under Plugins. No big deal because they where working without issues. Only Plugin which mad trouble was the Plex Plugin. So i deleted the Jail and installed the Plugin again. The Plugin and Jail is created but it won't start. The Plugin section now even needs forever to load. Then when i try to put the Plex Plugin Slider in the "On" position it loads again for about 2 or 3 Minutes until a Error is displayed. Well it states "Some error occurred" .... i have no idea where to look and what is wrong here.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
usually this means there are network issues between the jail and the freenas webui.
From the jail can you ping your computer?

One thing that is needed for jail networking to work on my system...
* disable VIMAGE
* assign a network interface to the jail

Higgins121

Cadet
Well thanks. Seems that did the trick. Added one Network Interface in ESXI as a Passthrough device and recreated the Plugins on the new Network Interface. Now Plugins run without issues. I had to update all the other Plugins to use the Passthrough NIC because they where unable to communicate between the passthrough device and the ESXI vmxnet device. I'm not experienced enough to understand why. Because they where pingable between each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.