FreeNAS issue with plugins not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and could share some help on resolving my issue.

Running the latest version of FreeNAS, no issues with FreeNAS itself, however I installed a plugin, for example; NexCloud. The install goes without error, when complete I am able to start the service on without issue.
However when I go to access the newly installed plugin; Left side menu, Plugins, NextCloud and click the "NextCloud can be found here" link, I get page cannot be displayed. Almost like apache24 is not running.

I have checked the plugin has an assigned IP, 192.168.1.3, however cannot ping it, I have setup the network within FreeNAS and to be honest get no issues at all within FreeNAS, just cannot understand why the plugins are not responding.

So I thought I would start again fresh. Wiped all drives clean, reinstalled FreeNAS, configured the network and the storage and once again installed NextCloud plugin. Same issue.

This is blowing my mind. I have set this system up many times before for myself and friends and so I'm familiar with the setup process, just never come across this issue in any setups before. Is there anyone out there that could give me some insight as to what could be the issue.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What is your gateway, can freenas ping it? Can freenas ping Google?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Guys,

After some well deserved time off during the holidays I managed to figure out a workaround/resolution to the above scenario. So I went to the Jails - Selected the Jail (nextcloud_1) and clicked the Edit Jail - Advanced Mode and scrolled to the bottom. Unchecked the VIMAGE and then clicked NIC and selected my NIC. I then restarted the Jail and "BOOM" everything worked. I hope this helps others. Sorry for this to take time coming back to you all but it took a while for me to figure this out. A balance between work, family and messing about. Priorities came first. Anyways that fixed me.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I really wish I could reproduce this problem on my network. This is definitely a problem with your network and happens to everyone. Disabling vimage works but isn't really the fix for the problem. It's more of a work around.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.