All plugins not working in FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchen

Cadet
Hi all:

I am a FreeNAS newbie, and I have a limited knowledge of Linux / FreeBSD.
I was using Transmission in FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5 and had it working fine.
Then, upgraded to FreeNAS 11 through webgui, and Transmission stopped working.
The problem is I could not enable the transmission plugin.
Tried to "service transmission onestop/start/status" in shell, but all have the message of the services could not found in /etc/rc.d directory or local rc.d directory.

I have tried to reinstall FreeNAS 11 cleanly, and tried to install transmission a couple more times with no luck.
I thought maybe its just the Transmission plugin, so I, then, tried to install couchpotato, nextcloud, owncloud, syncthing, and etc..
None of them worked, and with the same problem of not able to enable the plugins through the installed plugin section.
I disabled vimage as suggested in some posts and still no luck.

Is anyone out there having the same problem with me? or I am just doing something wrong to begin with?
I have been struggling with plugins in FreeNAS 11 for couple days now, and definitely need some help on it.
Or should I just abandon the plugin feature for now?

ZodiacUHD

Patron
I'm following this thread as well: My plugins started behaving very weirdly:
1) I cannot turn on or off any of them.
2)If i install a new plugin i cannot start it.
3)Plex is literally going crazy: mixing the metadata and giving me random errors.

fchen

Cadet
Hey ZodiacUHD.
Which version of FreeNAS are you running?
I am planning, this coming weekend, to fresh install 9.10.2-U5 on another USB to boot and try if I can get some of the plugin working.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Hey, i'm running FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE (a2dc21583), for some reason my plugins are now fine... a reboot did the job ( weird, since i had already rebooted plenty of times).

fchen

Cadet
Hm....
I rebooted at least a thousand times and still nothing. :(
One question though, did you install the plugins from the plugin page? And did you change any settings for the jail configurations?
Thanks

ZodiacUHD

Patron
I installed them through the plugin page. But when i went to "installed" they were either turned on or off: i couldn't change the state.

ThreeDee

Guru
I installed them through the plugin page. But when i went to "installed" they were either turned on or off: i couldn't change the state.
I had a similar issue when I upgraded and it was showing Plex as off even though it was up and working just fine .. my problem was due to 2 warden plugins being installed .. I deleted one instance and then plex showed correctly under installed plugins

fchen

Cadet
Hm....Every time I reinstall the plugins, I would delete the folder holding all the jails. So I guess my issue isn't from having 2 instance of warden plugins.
Tried /var/log/messages but got permission denied. Tried sudo /var/log/messages got command not found.
After enable console message in footer, I believe my problem is having to do with the plugin treemenu.
Searching online returns no definite answer to the issue.

underpickled

Contributor
I had a similar problem with my jails getting screwy. I had a standard jail running subsonic that worked except wouldn't transcode anything. I ended up installing the Subsonic plugin and migrating backed up settings, which worked. However the transmission plugin won't work at all. I can't even view the webgui locally. Tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

underpickled

Contributor
Ok, so literally just figured out transmission wasn't working because it was turned off in the "plugins" menu, despite the jail being running and showing up in the plugins list on the left tab. Maybe double check your plugins are turned on? (Click the Plugins icon on the top of the page, then click "Installed" to see their service status toggles).

fchen

Cadet
I spend way too much time on fiddling around with the FreeNAS plugins. Transmission, NextCloud, and etc., nothing worked on my box.
But all that fiddling did help me figure out that each of the jail is just a separate FreeBSD OS virtual environment, and the plugin in the FreeNAS tab was supposed to provide an easy installation method of applications. But it has always been very buggy and unstable with that installation method.
After figure that out, I was able to install Transmission manually within the jail FreeBSD via shell, and configured them accordingly. It was much much more stable installing it this way.
Transmission works very well now, but I just need to figure out how to manually install NextCloud now. :(

tequila

Cadet
I spend way too much time on fiddling around with the FreeNAS plugins. Transmission, NextCloud, and etc., nothing worked on my box.
But all that fiddling did help me figure out that each of the jail is just a separate FreeBSD OS virtual environment, and the plugin in the FreeNAS tab was supposed to provide an easy installation method of applications. But it has always been very buggy and unstable with that installation method.
After figure that out, I was able to install Transmission manually within the jail FreeBSD via shell, and configured them accordingly. It was much much more stable installing it this way.
Transmission works very well now, but I just need to figure out how to manually install NextCloud now. :(
I am having pretty much the same problem with my plugins. I have recently moved to freeNAS. It would be great if you could share with us how u managed to install it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.