Help with JRuehlig Installation & Configuration of FreeNAS Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigB

Explorer
I would prefer to use usnet at this point but will use torrents when I get the VPN working.
I ran your commands:
[root@freenas] ~# jexec 2 tcsh
root@download_jail:/ # chown -R 816:816 /mnt/media/downloads/transmission
root@download_jail:/ # ps aux | grep transmission
root 21539 0.0 0.0 16312 1920 1 S+J 7:06PM 0:00.00 grep transmission
root@download_jail:/ #

I'm still getting Error: Unable to save resume file: Permission denied in transmission when I restart an attempted download.

In couch Potato SABnzbd works when I click the test button but nothing happens in the SABnzbd webpage.
06-02 19:19:09ERROR[.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Failed sending release, use API key, NOT the NZB key: Traceback (most recent call last): HTTPError: 413 Client Error: Request Entity Too Large
06-02 19:19:09INFO[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "nzb" downloader gave an error
I am using the API key
SABnzbd shows 0.0.0.0 in the General/Host to listen for
If I want to use HTTPS do I change everything in your guide from 8080 to 9090?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would prefer to use usnet at this point but will use torrents when I get the VPN working.
I ran your commands:
[root@freenas] ~# jexec 2 tcsh
root@download_jail:/ # chown -R 816:816 /mnt/media/downloads/transmission
root@download_jail:/ # ps aux | grep transmission
root 21539 0.0 0.0 16312 1920 1 S+J 7:06PM 0:00.00 grep transmission
root@download_jail:/ #

I'm still getting Error: Unable to save resume file: Permission denied in transmission when I restart an attempted download.

In couch Potato SABnzbd works when I click the test button but nothing happens in the SABnzbd webpage.
06-02 19:19:09ERROR[.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Failed sending release, use API key, NOT the NZB key: Traceback (most recent call last): HTTPError: 413 Client Error: Request Entity Too Large
06-02 19:19:09INFO[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "nzb" downloader gave an error
I am using the API key
SABnzbd shows 0.0.0.0 in the General/Host to listen for
If I want to use HTTPS do I change everything in your guide from 8080 to 9090?
It looks like you didn't setup transmission to run as the 'media' user.
Code:
sysrc 'transmission_user=media'

I'm not 100% sure what's causing your API key issue, but I assume you didn't input the API key correctly.
No, there is no need to change anything. Even if you access sabnzbd from HTTPS port 9090 sabnzbd will still listen on HTTP port 8080.

BigB

Explorer
I decided to start over and recreate the setup of the plugins etc. I deleted all the plugins in the download_jail and reinstalled them into the download_jail jail. I still could not turn on the transmission plugin, all the other did turn on. I started to watch the video which is out of date again taking notes on the current blog instructions.
Questions:
1) in the bog it says Plugins>Available>SABnzbd>Install and the video shows SABnzbd being installed like all the other plugins in the download_jail. Should I install SABnzbd outside of that jail in its own Jail (hope I'm clear)
2) the video says to edit permission of the dataset to media:media not mentioned in the blog (can't remember if I did that step) should I edit the permissions to media:media?
3) Is it ok to start again by deleting the plugins and reinstalling or should I wipe out my zfs files and start with factory defaults?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you should follow the blog as closely as possible. the video is the old freenas 9.2 way. I plan on updating the video once sabnzbd version 0.8 is released.

you want all the mentioned plugins installed to the same jail. in freenas 9.3 I recommend to install sabnzbd from the repo then upload the rest to the sabnzbd jail

BigB

Explorer
I finally have couchpotato working. It downloads on SABnzdb but I have a few questions (sorry about how basic they must be).
1) Why does it keep download another version of the movie after a successful download? Do you have to click mark this movie done or it continues?
2)I can't get my plexmedia server to find the movies in the default directory from your blog.

SickRage shows all the shows as wanted but doesn't download them even if I hit the magnifying glass icon. I have my NZB search engine at the top of the list for search providers but nothing is found. If I manually search that provider on it's web site mult entries are found.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I finally have couchpotato working. It downloads on SABnzdb but I have a few questions (sorry about how basic they must be).
1) Why does it keep download another version of the movie after a successful download? Do you have to click mark this movie done or it continues?
2)I can't get my plexmedia server to find the movies in the default directory from your blog.

SickRage shows all the shows as wanted but doesn't download them even if I hit the magnifying glass icon. I have my NZB search engine at the top of the list for search providers but nothing is found. If I manually search that provider on it's web site mult entries are found.
If you want to continue asking questions specific about my blog please just comment there so I can respond by email. No need to put these on the forum when they really are specific to my blog.

1) That's how CP is designed. It depends on your Quality Profiles. I will grab anything available and keep grabbing better stuff till it lands on a "Finish" quality. This questions is not specific to FreeNAS and if you need more help tweaking this to your liking head to the CP forums.
2) Plex's jail needs the 'media' dataset mounted to it. And the plex daemon needs to be able to read the media files. If you do both of these plex will be able to index your videos.

SickRage Question) You might want to check the sickrage log to see if there's any errors. It's also probably best you present these to the SickRage forums.

BigB

Explorer
Thanks for your help I got it working.

newToNas

Cadet
Hi Josh.

First off, I would like to thank you for putting your tutorial together. It is very well explained. I do have a question, however.

When I finish with your written instructions, everything worked great!! When I restart the NAS or the jails due to an upgrade, all the downloads folders you had us make using 'mkdir' disappear (thus making the config unusable). Why does this happen and how can I fix this?

I appreciate any help you can offer!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Josh.

First off, I would like to thank you for putting your tutorial together. It is very well explained. I do have a question, however.

When I finish with your written instructions, everything worked great!! When I restart the NAS or the jails due to an upgrade, all the downloads folders you had us make using 'mkdir' disappear (thus making the config unusable). Why does this happen and how can I fix this?

I appreciate any help you can offer!
that shouldn't be happening. can you check to see if the files still exist on your 'media' dataset? and if your media dataset is mounted to your jail?

newToNas

Cadet
I am unable to check right now as I am at work (I was working on it last night). I did look to see if the folders still existed using shell and they didn't show up.

Was there potentially a GUI checkbox that I missed?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I am unable to check right now as I am at work (I was working on it last night). I did look to see if the folders still existed using shell and they didn't show up.

Was there potentially a GUI checkbox that I missed?
im not sure what could have happened, but if you mount storage to a jail, write to the mountpoint, and restart. everything should be as it was.
maybe try the mkdir and chmod command again?

newToNas

Cadet
When you refer to "writing to a mountpoint,"are you talking about the steps where you add storage to the jail?

Per your instructions:
Add Storage
  • Source = /mnt/tank/media
  • Destination = /mnt/media

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
When you refer to "writing to a mountpoint,"are you talking about the steps where you add storage to the jail?

Per your instructions:
Add Storage
  • Source = /mnt/tank/media
  • Destination = /mnt/media
that's the step where you first mount the dataset.
by writing to the mountpoint I mean the mkdir command

newToNas

Cadet
I will start over when I get home. I will get it to the point where I run mkdir and chmod and restart and see if that works. Hopefully it is just a hiccup!

I will let you know.

Thanks again for the reply!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I will start over when I get home. I will get it to the point where I run mkdir and chmod and restart and see if that works. Hopefully it is just a hiccup!

I will let you know.

Thanks again for the reply!
good luck. but do realized you should go through the entire command line section. part of that section assumes sickrage and transmission was shutdown earlier

newToNas

Cadet
I was using Sickbeard and not Sickrage (because I heard of a tornado bug of some sort). I switched all the commands that contained SickRage and switched the text to Sickbeard. Should I use Sickrage? Other than that, the only other thing I skipped was the crontab command. I don't think that would matter as I was not using transmission.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I was using Sickbeard and not Sickrage (because I heard of a tornado bug of some sort). I switched all the commands that contained SickRage and switched the text to Sickbeard. Should I use Sickrage? Other than that, the only other thing I skipped was the crontab command. I don't think that would matter as I was not using transmission.
I haven't experienced any tornado bugs for at least a year. you just read about it so you thought it was permanently broken?

it's up to you which branch you chose and if you want to do every step I do. but whenever you deviate from the steps you'll need to adjust other parts accordingly (like in the autoProcessMedia.cfg).
that change is to have sickrage listen at the webroot /sickrage so you could access everything through nginx.
e.g. http://jail_IP/sickrage

yup, if you're not using transmission, the cronjob is irrelevant.

newToNas

Cadet
Nothing is permanently broken (except maybe internet explorer haha). I am sorry if I insulted you - I didn't mean to. I know you say you authored some of the plugins. You are the last person in the world I wish to upset as you are the best person in the world to ask questions to as this is your tutorial (you wouldn't believe how thrilled I was to find you answering questions on here). As my name suggests, I am new to all of this.

I will start completely over and follow everything line for line including transmission (even though I am not using it) and using Sickrage.

Thank you for your time as you guide me through this.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Nothing is permanently broken (except maybe internet explorer haha). I am sorry if I insulted you - I didn't mean to. I know you say you authored some of the plugins. You are the last person in the world I wish to upset as you are the best person in the world to ask questions to as this is your tutorial (you wouldn't believe how thrilled I was to find you answering questions on here). As my name suggests, I am new to all of this.

I will start completely over and follow everything line for line including transmission (even though I am not using it) and using Sickrage.

Thank you for your time as you guide me through this.
no worries, i wasn't offended at all. I just was wondering why you would not try a program when it had issues in the past that are now fixed. I haven't heard of any issues with SickRage in a while so I suspected what you read was misinforming you.

newToNas

Cadet
I am working on this now, however I am having issues earlier :(

"pkg upgrade && pkg install git python2 py27-sqlite3 ffmpeg nginx"

I get this:
pkg: Repository FreeBSD has a wrong packagesite, need to re-create database
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/meta.txz: No address record
pkg: repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings

I am unable to ping the gateway from within the jail, however the NAS itself is able to.

I am so frustrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.