Weird Plugin problems on fresh FreeNAS 11 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccann73

Dabbler
Want to pass this by everyone before logging a ticket.

Rebuilt my FreeNAS box with fresh 11 Release install, no previous config, fresh plugin installs, running BSD 11. Permissions have been setup by adding the plex/transmission UID of the Jails to FreeNAS and permissioned to the dataset.

1. Installed Plex, everything working fine except for adding libraries, the only folder it will let me select is "/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server" and no way of changing this? Storage has been added to Jails, permissioned to the media folder.
(Issue already reported - https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/24082)
**The temp solution is to manually type the path, i.e. add "/media/movies" into the path and it will pickup the movies, the bug is you cant browse from the root folder.

2. Transmission, I have an external settings.json on a dataset that i add to rc.conf, instead of recreating my settings every time. Made changes but everytime Transmission starts it modifies the download directory line to my settings, "download-dir": "/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads", i need to add this (transmission_download-dir="/data/Downloads) to rc.conf for it to stick, it also seems to completely ignore incomplete folder settings? I thought at first this was permission issues, but that fact it can modify the settings.json file shows it ok?

Thanks

Attachments

• Plex.PNG
    Plex.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I do not know alot about the plugins for FreeNAS 11. I'm not sure if they are based on the FreeNAS 9.X plugins I worked on, or just the FreeBSD ports directly?

The first issue is a known issue with plex and jails on FreeBSD 11. Check the FreeNAS bug reports, I remember someone has linked to a plex forum thread on the issue.

As for transmission, yes by default the FreeBSD transmission plugin will overwrite what is in the config with the rc.d value, which you properly fixed by setting "transmission_download_dir=/data/Downloads" in rc.conf.
I worked around this in the FreeNAS 9.X plugin by setting "transmission_download_dir=", which triggers the rc.d file to not to overwrite this, and to respect what is set in transmission (webui / config).

mccann73

Dabbler
Thanks Joshua!!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
welcome =]

Status
Not open for further replies.