Webgui losing contact with plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierremenard

Dabbler
It seems that the webgui lose contact with plugins after some time. When I install a new plugin, all (the new and the old ones) plugins shows up in the plugin tree.

When I re-open the webgui after some hours, I keep getting the error
"Aug 14 11:02:19 Funes manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:413] Impossibile recuperare http://192.168.5.99/plugins/transmission/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway"

(for every plugins, not only transmission)

The outcome is that plugins are not available in the tree and it's not possible to start them through the webgui. But they works (serviio & transmission, in my case)

I'm pretty sure this is not a network error as stated, as

1. Ping works in both direction (jail --> freenas and freenas --> jail)
2. Gateway & hostname are correctly set
3. Jail and freenas are internet connected

This is 80% a cosmetic problem, as plugin works and I can start/stop them through shell, but do anyone has any idea why gui and plugins lose connection?

F.

Cordel

Dabbler
The only work around I have found so far, is to halt the FN server, power the machine down till all the disks come to rest (~20 seconds), and power the server back on.

Not ideal, but it works.

I have tried rebooting just the jail, as well as a warm reboot and neither of those help the issue. Cold boot is what it takes.

FN 8.2 p1 x64, with jail plugin x64, transmission, Serviio, Firefly

sdspieg

Contributor
Yup - same experience here. Reboot. AND - make sure you wait it a while - it took quite a while for me before the plugin icons were visible in the console again. But they did eventually come back.

DarkCuddles

Dabbler
Sorry for the Necro, but I'm having this exact problem running FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)
It's occurring with MiniDLNA and SAB/Sickbeard/CouchPotato (the only four plugins I run).
The exact error I get is as above, but that IP address is of the NAS (.66), not the Jail (.65).
Mar 14 20:05:05 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.66/plugins/sickbeard/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Switching the plugins service on seems to take ages (but it's clear it is running as I'm able to access the plugins through their webguis).
Switching Plugins on and off through the GUI just results in "Some Error Occurred".

Plugins Settings > Jail IP Address is set to 192.168.1.65 (netmask /24)
Network > Global Configuration has the IPv4 address set to my router.

I can ping every which way from Sunday, and everything is connected to the internet (sab/sickbeard/couchpotato all working as expected). The only plugin problem I have, is that sometimes Couch Potato wont start on it's own and I have to SSH into the jail to onestart it.

Does anyone have any idea if this is fixed in more up to date versions, or how to fix this?

ProtoSD

MVP
This has been a problem for awhile, and one of the reasons I stopped working on plugins. It's not a network problem, it just has to do with the way things are implemented with the GUI and timing. Its a pain in the ass, and I suspect it won't be fixed in 8.3.1. We can only hope something changes in 9.1

DarkCuddles

Dabbler
This has been a problem for awhile, and one of the reasons I stopped working on plugins. It's not a network problem, it just has to do with the way things are implemented with the GUI and timing. Its a pain in the ass, and I suspect it won't be fixed in 8.3.1. We can only hope something changes in 9.1

Ahhhk. That's a shame. Out of curiosity, is there any reason why its trying to find the plugins outside the jail?

ProtoSD

MVP
Ahhhk. That's a shame. Out of curiosity, is there any reason why its trying to find the plugins outside the jail?

You'll have to explain what you mean by that. What's happening that makes you think its trying to find plugins outside the jail?

hervon

Patron
Those issues are only happening with non-official plugins. Verified by Survive.

This problem happened to me as well with Transmission, MiniDLNA and Firefly (the only plugins I use) a few times since I use FreeNAS (august 2012). I haven't found an easy cure when it happens.

DarkCuddles

Dabbler
You'll have to explain what you mean by that. What's happening that makes you think its trying to find plugins outside the jail?

My jail is on a different IP address to the NAS (obviously). It's trying to find "http://192.168.1.66/plugins/sickbeard/_s/status:" but my jail is actually 192.168.1.65

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
If you're using 8.3.0-p1 and latest plugins you guys should at least open reports and provide means to reproduce the problem.

It wont fix itself and we don't have crystal balls, this has never happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.