BUILD Newbie Supermicro X10SRL-F Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Dawson

Cadet
Did you use a Noctura cooler on the SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SRL-F Server Motherboard ? and does it interfere with anything (DIMMs etc)?

Stux

MVP

Stefan Krieger

Dabbler
Did you use a Noctura cooler on the SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SRL-F Server Motherboard ? and does it interfere with anything (DIMMs etc)?
I asked Noctua about this, they wrote:
For Narrow-ILM LGA2011-0/-3 motherboards we have the DX i4 line of coolers, as you already discovered. However, there can indeed be compatibility issues with memory modules on certain motherboard models like yours.

In vertical orientation (airflow towards the I/O panel) the heatpipes of the NH-U12DX i4 will interfere with the memory slots closest to the socket but this is not a problem in horizontal orientation.
If vertical orientation is a must, then I'd suggest to take the NH-U9DX i4 instead.
It will overhang the nearest slots too but will leave a space of ~33mm underneath, thus standard sized memory modules common in server environments will fit underneath.
I went with the Noctua NH-U9DXi4, no problems.

JustPlainDon

Cadet
Another newbie here! I'm using the same motherboard and CPU. I ordered a Supermicro cooler, but the fan was a bit on the noisy side. I replaced the supplied cooler fan with a 92mm Noctua fan (without the low noise adapter cable). Now everything is almost silent. I should note that I also replaced all my case fans with Noctua fans. They really are nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.