New plugin available: Crashplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstinaff

Dabbler
I have the crashplan plugin installed on 9.3 . The CrashPlan client has updated to 3.7.0 and after resetting the java options it is working.

BlinkyBill

Cadet
There a a few people, like myself, who had/have difficulty getting their crashplan in the crashplan jail to update to the current version, see here https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/crashplan-updated-to-4-3-0-now-will-not-connect.35269/. I've had it working and due to a jail corruption had to re-install and start from scratch. I dread having to re-install the plugin for any reason in the future.

Are there any plans to upgrade the plugin to the latest (4.4.1) version of crashplan? And to maintain to for future crashplan releases?
I'm sure there a many in the FreeNAS community that rely on crashplan to protect their data who would be willing to support the plugin developers, if that is a challenge.

fracai

Guru
I'm looking for this to all get easier when we have bhyve in FreeNAS 10. At that point we should be able to create a linux VM (Debian?) and avoid some of the headache. I'm hoping Dropbox works the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.