New FreeNAS install won't pass 'hostname nor servname provided, or not known (8)'

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to FreeNAS and I'm struggling to get is to boot past a certain error which i'll specify in a moment.
I'm using an old PC I had lying around with pretty basics specs, but I hoped this would be enough to get me started.

8gb RAM
Intel Pentium
2x 1tb HDD (one WD blue and another some non recognisable brand)
1x 16gb memory stick (unbranded mutipack from Amazon, i realise this may be one issue)
Gigabyte motherboard, model unknown

I managed to kill a decent 64gb Sandisk stick when trying to install in the past, as If i try to install onto this it says something along the lines of this drive is dead, can't remember the code.

The install was successful (done to BIOS not UEFI as this didn't work the last time) I have seen some code during the boot including

Code:
Read Device Identity failed: scsi error unsupported field in scsi command

A mandatory SMART command failed: existing. To Continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

After those it appears to be stuck at Beginning pools import

I should probably try this with a good quality USB as the boot drive. I should also mention i've been installing from another USB as opposed to a CD as I had a spare USB lying around, but given it's installed without any errors I can't imagine that the issue.