Network errors with Hyper-V Switch based on Mellanox Connectx-3

RegularJoe

Patron
Tony,

Good to know. A NFS or FTP test would have also shown no network errors. Next time I am guessing I would ask the person to reproduce the issue with another protocol. The step from FN11.3 to TN12.0 did upgrade the samba from 4.10>4.11+

Glad you have it figured out.

Thanks,
Joe

tony95

Contributor
Tony,

Good to know. A NFS or FTP test would have also shown no network errors. Next time I am guessing I would ask the person to reproduce the issue with another protocol. The step from FN11.3 to TN12.0 did upgrade the samba from 4.10>4.11+

Glad you have it figured out.

Thanks,
Joe

Yeah, I had a good idea when I looked up how to the view log file and then found Samba errors. I would probably instruct people how to look at the log first. I tested Unraid and the SMB in that system feels completely broken so now that SMB seems to be working, I definitely prefer it over whatever Unraid is using. Unraid speed drops to 0 kb/sec then times out then you see that the file copied a minute later.

I thought about testing FTP but wasn't sure how to set it up

RegularJoe

Patron
ftp is easy, on your LAN you can just do anonymous ftp where your username is ftp and your password is in the form of anyone@anycompany.anything and your in. Or you could test it as root and shut it down right after the test, FreeNAS makes it easy to to FTPs as well.