Network errors after updating to 11.3-u5

MrBill700

Cadet
Prior posts with resolutions do not resolve my network access. I am unable to receive error emails or to access the upgrade server to continue upgrading my system. I have been putting off upgrading for quite a while, but recently decided to catch up. This is the first step, to catching up to the current release. I don't see a new server set up guide for 11.3 like I used way back in the day. So, I humbly reach out for help guiding me to a guide or a solution. This is the only server
I have ran, and it has been working well, so I haven't tinkered with FreeNas much after setting it up years ago since it has worked so well.
Email:
EMAIL
[EFAULT] Failed to send email: [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Update error:
Unable to connect to url https://update-master.ixsystems.com/FreeNAS/trains.txt: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.

I can access my files from the server, but the server cannot access the above services.
ThinkServer TS140
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1226 v3 @ 3.30GHz
Active Media Type:
Ethernet
Active Media Subtype:
1000baseT

When I ping my router there is no route to host.

Redcoat

MVP
So you don't have a connection to the Internet from FreeNAS - check to see if your correct gateway IP address in in Network>Global Configuration.

Once resolved, suggest you search for forum posts on updates from whatever version you are on to current - you may have to follow a multi-step process for success (especially if you have warden jails).

MrBill700

Cadet
As far as correct gateway, I presume that would be my routers IP? Which is where I have the gateway set.
I also verified with with another computer that the default gateway is correct.

Redcoat

MVP
Is your FreeNAS box IP on the same subnet as your gateway? If you cannot ping your gateway IP from the FreeNAS shell then you have a cable or device problem between them.