SOLVED Unable to check for updates and/or join AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechkin000

Explorer
Hello,

I recently did a fresh install of 9.10 after downgrade from Coral didn't go well. Everything is fine except I get the following error when I try to check for updates:

Code:
Update server could not be reached

<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/views.py", line 1460, in update_check
train=updateobj.get_train(),
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/models.py", line 586, in get_train
trains = conf.AvailableTrains() or []
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 960, in AvailableTrains
fileref = self.TryGetNetworkFile(file=TRAIN_FILE, reason="FetchTrains")
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 728, in TryGetNetworkFile
raise url_exc
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

I am also unable to connect to active directory (Unable to find domain controllers for CBI.LOCAL.)
Everything else is working fine, shares are visible and I have some replication tasks going to this server from another Freenas box without any issues.
I Would appreciate any insights into this, i would really like to avoid reinstalling everything from scratch again.
Thanks!

PS: Just to clarify, networking is working, it has an IP address and sees the DNS server, I can see it on the network and can access the shares.

pechkin000

Explorer
I spent a little time digging and I realized that I did not set up the default gateway and name servers during initial install, I setup the nic with static IP and completely forgot to do the rest.
Problem Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.