Status
Not open for further replies.

adaman7

Cadet
I am having issues with getting my updates automatically downloaded. I think it may be blocking me from getting plugins as well. I have read and read, changed a bunch of settings from other threads. Since none of that has worked I am now asking for a little more personal help. I am attaching my traceback. If you need any more details to help me solve this issue feel free to ask. I am willing to follow whatever steps and answer whatever questions asked to get this issue solved.

Update server could not be reached

<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/views.py", line 1460, in update_check
train=updateobj.get_train(),
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/models.py", line 586, in get_train
trains = conf.AvailableTrains() or []
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 960, in AvailableTrains
fileref = self.TryGetNetworkFile(file=TRAIN_FILE, reason="FetchTrains")
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 728, in TryGetNetworkFile
raise url_exc
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Thanks for the help in advance. I appreciate you even taking time to read my debacle:P

Attachments

• net1.pdf
    96.6 KB · Views: 440
  • net2.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 424
  • net3.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 393
  • net4.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 493
Hardware and software version will need to be posted as well to get any help. May also want to post your ifconfig output and a screenshot of your network summary.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's a weird traceback. Assuming this is a recent version, please file a bug report and post the issue number here.

If not, please update to FreeNAS 11 by using the ISO installer.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I noticed that you are using FreeNAS 9.10.2-U3.

How about posting your system configuration in detail if the upgrade fails.

You said that you are just trying to get updates but exactly how? It looks like you might be switching trains? What train are you presently on?

My advice would be to ensure you have a backup of your configuration and then update/install FreeNAS 11 as @Ericloewe stated.

adaman7

Cadet
Thanks for all of the super fast replies! This is why this community rocks.
Train:
Current Train: FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE (...)

ifconfig -a

bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=c019b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,VLA
N_HWTSO,LINKSTATE>
ether a0:b3:cc:df:31:33
inet 10.1.10.112 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.1.10.255
nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>
media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>

Suggestions for getting details on the hardware for you in a simple way? I'm using a HP Proliant Microserver.

Network summary pic below.

Should I still upgrade to 11? or...

Attachments

• net5.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 436

joeschmuck

Old Man
Should I still upgrade to 11? or...
Honestly it depends on your use-case. If things are working fine and you do not need any new features, why not leave FreeNAS as it is? But if you really want FreeNAS 11 then try the upgrade. Worst case is you have to rebuild your boot device with FreeNAS 9.10.2 and restore your config file. Or better yet, if your boot device is a USB Flash drive, that could be causing an issue as well but use a new/different USB flash drive and just install FreeNAS 11 to it and restore your configuration file. If it works then all will be good. If it fails then you shutdown and put back the old USB flash drive and power it up.

adaman7

Cadet
Ok, I forced it to update to 11 and all my errors have disappeared:P Seriously thanks guys:)

Status
Not open for further replies.