Need jail permission help

davidjt

Dabbler
I'm a windows user and have not used this type of system before. I've been trying to move my Emby, NzbGet, Sonarr, Radarr installs to work for the past week without any success. I'm using TrueNas Core and have a working windows share with my entire library in place. Emby is working as intended. My issue is with the jails. I have been installing the community plugins with the wizard, create mountpoints. Sonarr seems to work, sends the request to NzbGet which downloads successfully running par and unrar. My issue is that Nzbget doesn't download to lets say \\networkdrive\media\downlods, they go to media\downloads inside of the iocage jail. Sonaar does not have access and can't move the file to its final destination. As far as permissions, I have attempted to add all users to a group, but something is not right.

I've been scouring the internet for answers for over a week but it's gotten the best of me. Can anyone please shed some light? I'm about to give up and try Windows 10 storage spaces.

The owner of the plugin has to match the owner of the dataset. You have to change ownership of plugin and dataset. I make all my datasets and plugins use the same user/group. You don't have to do both user/group but I found it easier that way.
/media/downloads inside the jail should be a mountpoint linked to a dataset folder outside the jail. The folder in the dataset outside the jail you have /media/downloads linked as a mountpoint inside the jail for nzbget, should be the same folder u link to sonor inside the jail as a mountpoint. So one dataset folder outside jail. Link as mountpoint to both nzbget and sonar inside the jail. I hope that made sense.

davidjt

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply. I updated the owner for the dataset. All folders seem to have the same owner except the post-processed directory and file so it was not moved to the destination folder. The owner of the folder and file says 352 Unix.

davidjt

Dabbler
I happened to find a video by Lawrence Systems - TrueNAS Core 12 Plex Setup & ACL Permission Tutorial on a 144 TB Server. That was the first video I've seen that explains the set UID numbers for plex/sonarr/radarr. I had these users in 1 group (but I did find that my Radarr user was missing so probably my issue). I've recreated all users/groups and cleaned up permissions. About to test it. Thank you so much @thoth82 for setting me on the right path. I'll let you know if it all works.

Let me know how it works out. I'm no expert but I struggled with this as well on more than one occasion but since have successfully set it up a few times. I dont use sonor/nzbget but I use sickrage/transmission. So it still needs to work the same way. If u need anymore help let me know.

@davidjt I have question for you. I haven't used newsgroups/usenet/nzb index sites in probally 10-15years. They where great back before all the mpaa pull downs and the all the file names would be encrypted so that wouldn't happen and u'd have to be a member of a private forum to find anything good. How are they now a days. What do u use? I just started looking into them again but would like the input of someone who is currently using them.

davidjt

Dabbler
Update: I ended up breaking all of my permissions and trying to get it going again.
When using newsgroups, it's hit or miss unless it's a fairly new release. I use Supernews which has 1095 days retention along with I have Sonarr/Radarr and they just ignore any encrypted files, hardcoded subs, or wrong language stuff.

davidjt

Dabbler
I'll have to give up for now. Currently as a quick fix, I have nzbget/sonarr/radarr running on a windows pc that moves the files to the truenas server through a windows share.